Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Very nice, that was one of my choices.
But as I have had 3 lots of all black cars, i decided on a change this time.
But it does look good with the mat black X panel.

Good choice Witless..

Registered
Thanks for that pic, Witless. I am waiting for my all black Xcellence. I think, externally, it will have chrome roof supports, a chrome "X" badge and chrome edging along the lower window. The alloys are different too. The black model will be quite rare I suspect.

I chose black because my current car is black. (I liked its rarity, when everyone seemed to have a silver car. Before that I had a blue car which then was a rare colour.)

I was lucky a few black cars had been ordered for distribution to dealers so my wait is not so long (real soon now I hope).

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have seen another black, but with grey rough pulling out of the dealers when I pulled in to collect mine.

Never had black before, and probably would have gone for a dark grey if I had that option, but now it's here I'm very pleased with my choice.

The lux sounds good with the little bits of chrome trim

Registered
My current Street Up! is black, I've had lots of different colours of cars, white, red, green, and I have to say Black has been the worst. Looks fantastic in the showroom and just washed, but you see every scratch and imperfection.

Lovely looking Arona, take good care of it!

Registered
@Craig200588

I hear you on the Black car front.
I had a Cross UP! all Black, and also 2 VW Passat's in Black, looks great for 5 mins. then all the dirt and scratches start showing.
thats why i'm getting a mostly White car, only the roof in Black.
Not to say that the White will not be any less scratched, just does a better job of hiding it LOL.

But a Black car all prepped and fully detailed looks stunning. and A Metallic/Pearlescent White car fully Detailed well that can have a depth more than black. But very rare to see a white car done that good.

Registered
GazzaB said:
@Craig200588

I hear you on the Black car front.
I had a Cross UP! all Black, and also 2 VW Passat's in Black, looks great for 5 mins. then all the dirt and scratches start showing.
thats why i'm getting a mostly White car, only the roof in Black.
Not to say that the White will not be any less scratched, just does a better job of hiding it LOL.

But a Black car all prepped and fully detailed looks stunning. and A Metallic/Pearlescent White car fully Detailed well that can have a depth more than black. But very rare to see a white car done that good.
My Audi A1 was white, and my first Up! Was white too. Again, they look nice when clean but you see every wee tar spot and dirty mark on it so I for forever cleaning it.

I've gone for monsoon grey for the Arona, so half way between black and white :D I heard grey is easy to maintain and doesn't show marks as easily. Shall wait and see

Registered
My Golf is a Granite Grey Metallic, and it has to be Super dirty to actually notice it.
I can go 2-3 months and it still can look reasonable.
until you get a bit closer LOL.
Blacks is the worst.
I had a White Granada Cosworth, but don't remember that looking as bad as my Black cars. and that was a big car, and very comfy, 2.9V6 Cosworth Engine. thirsty if you had a heavy foot lol. Doubt if the Eco friendlies would love it now.. LOL

White and Black arona So will fill up my Sundays washing the car LOL.

@Witless
Guess we can form the 'Oh my good I got wash my Arona again Club'.. LMAO... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts