Seat Arona Forum banner

New Owner

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  BlueBoy68 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Just put a deposit down on 1.6 diesel automatic Xcellence. It's a ex demo with around 2,000 miles. It's White with a grey roof.

Anything to check or watch out for? I just had a very terrible experience with VW polo (traded my 2016 1.2 Seat Ibiza Connect) so gone back to Seat after this disaster!

Thanks for your help! :D

#2 ·
With an ex demo the dealer should bring it up to showroom condition, but might not top up screenwash etc.

Main things : check wheels for scuffing, check for paint dings (a good trick is to take a LED torch and polarised sunglasses, then shine the torch at a very shallow angle to highlight any touch ups), also check all glass for scratches (windows, lights etc)

Also check for removable items, everything from service book, to boot nets, spare wheel etc to ensure they weren't taken out.

If anything rattles or seems wrong get it fixed before pick up. There is also a car status in The infotainment, get the salesman to call up the screen to ensure no warning messages.

Enjoy your car.

#5 ·
kmm2404 said:
Thanks for the advice!

What's should the spec be? I know the car was registered in June 2018 but Ive read about many spec changes!
I don't think Xcelence spec has changed, it was Xcelence Lux that was changed April, and again recently

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.