Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Just got a Seat Arona FR Sport last week, cracking deal for the price - and very pleased with all the technology that comes as standard. It's the desire red model with grey contrast roof - the alacantra half leather seats too. (Just changed to a private plate today).

In terms of drive it's the 1.0 115 and I'm finding it more then adequate shifting around, the gearbox is tight and everything is very responsive.

Looking to protect the alloys this week with gators - wanted to know if anyone else has any tips on how to keep this in top condition? Or any styling tips?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow nice car. I really like the red color on this car!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Keith
I have an FR tsi1.5 evo in desire red and grey roof. Please tell me what are alloy gators. I would dearly like heated seats ...can they be retro fitted?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cello9 said:
Hi Keith
I have an FR tsi1.5 evo in desire red and grey roof. Please tell me what are alloy gators. I would dearly like heated seats ...can they be retro fitted?
Hey - I'll just butt in here,

I'm getting alloy-gators this weekend. They're a plastic rim that is hooked under the tyre bead around the alloys - the plastic rim protrudes just a bit out from the alloys meaning that when you scrape a curb ... it's scrapes the plastic and not the precious wheels.

They can look a bit odd but if it match the colours well it is a welcome bit of kit! Mine are costing £120 to install a set of 4 - seems reasonable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Keith Hunter & @benftaylor

I found the official website and how they look. Once you install could you post a side picture on how it looks on the Arona alloys?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks. I'll give it some thought. How about the heated seats?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi

My heated seats were retro fitted as I missed out on the 1st edition models on which they were standard.

Work perfectly. See photo of switch on seat base.

Done locally in Harrogate by a company called PDA Car. About £300.8FDA853B-2C47-4646-8FEE-E9C7F54DEA22.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi Keith
Fascinated by your retro fit heated seats. Is the heat distributed to the backs as well as the seat? The switch is very neat.
One concern....will this retro fit compromise any of the SEAT warranty?
Thanks for the photo.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cello9 said:
Hi Keith
Fascinated by your retro fit heated seats. Is the heat distributed to the backs as well as the seat? The switch is very neat.
One concern....will this retro fit compromise any of the SEAT warranty?
Thanks for the photo.
Second that! Very interesting, looks like such a clean job! Do they source all the parts etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cartrooper said:
Lovely colour! I would have gone for the red, but my wife wanted the silver, so that's what we went for. Are you enjoying it?
Really nice, polishes up well! The interior i've fallen in love with, leather etc is great, but i've become a bit OTT about keeping it clean already.

Drive wise, super comfy, a little road noise, but drives really well and the 1.0 is impressive as hell, out accelerates most at the lights/merges

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi

Yes, seat heaters are for base and back of seats.

Not sure how it might affect warranty!

Here is a picture of the AlloyGators as fitted.

Keith41A38F06-ECEC-4A52-B2FE-DBB6E3DC1DCB.jpeg
Keith

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Keith for the pictures. Nice orange colour! I will go for black alloygators when mine arrives. They blend in well with the tyre.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Would love to see a photo of what the alloy gators look like

·
Registered
2 Posts
Loving the Arona in red & orange - they are my favourite colours in this car - looks amazing. I'm too impatient to wait 3-4 months for personal factory build so it's a SE Technology DSG White with grey roof for me - my dealership has one being built next week so I managed to grab that one yesterday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts