Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May be nothing but I would point out that several posters have inadvertently posted their full reg number , often in a series of lovely close up photos where most but not all pictures have the number plate inked out.

Will leave it to others to debate the wisdom or otherwise but clearly the fact that most of the series of pictures have the reg blanked out, suggests it must have been of some importance to those posters. Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The main reason people cover all/part of their Reg number is to reduce the risk of number plate cloning. I have even driven past Car Transporters that have had tape placed over parts of the Reg Numbers.

·
Registered
116 Posts
the cars on transporters that have their plates covered tend to be write offs/scrap so they are easier to clone if the DVLA don't know that the real car doesn't exist anymore. (not sure if this is true just read it on some other forum a long time ago so don't shoot me).

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's also to stop them activating number plate cameras that are use for various things, you could imagine the bill from the dartford crossing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts