Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

So count me in for being one more person unable to properly connect this full link thing by using android auto
mobiles here are both samsung galaxy s8+, s7 edge and s5. Tried combinations within the cables and mobiles, tried resetting and redoing bt connections etc etc
With mirror link there is no problem, connection established everytime.

Samsung uses a galaxy app called car mode, don´t know about other brands but I guess this is just a straight connection protocol with a few (very few) options. It starts automatically when you plug in the usb cable.
What happens is as soon as I plug in the USB cable the head unit within a 3 or 4 sec delay returns a msg saying "connection interrupted) and goes back to connection options while the mobile phone says the car is currently connected. As said previously I have no prob with the mirror link connection but there´s an annoyance: after you connect successfully through mirror link the very first time when you plug in the usb cable it will go straight to mirror link apps. So I have to reset, uninstall the samsung car mode app, and redo all again (to no success in android auto mode of course)

I really need to access waze and google maps which I cannot in mirror link.

Any ideas what to do next ? maybe a trip to the rep although I doubt they will solve this ? attached pic is my nav version and maps

·
Registered
540 Posts
I had a similar problem connecting an S9

The cable needs to be high quality, if you buy a cheaper spare cable and use it, often doesn't work, so I took the original cable that came with the phone out of home charger, and used that. Then it worked and paired up.

Also make sure you have the android auto app downloaded on the phone before you try, if it came with the phone, go into app and update it first. Don't know why, but earlier version doesn't seem to pair up as it has a compatibility issue.

Once it was all paired, went back to the shorter cable I use in the car. No further problems.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello

I got an original cable yes

But I found out what was happening.. somehow android auto apk is not showing in google play for samsungs (exynos processors at leats), only car mode from samsung itself in galaxy apps !
So I found the separate android auto apk (latest version from oct 22) instaled it and it´s now working, I´m baffled !

Standing issue though is whatsapp installed but not showing in the android apps, only have waze and gmaps.

thks for the idea silly me not checking this

·
Registered
355 Posts
I knew their was a reason why I got an Apple iPhone. Never had and issue. connected first time with cheap cable.
and even with the iOS update it's still working.
I have a work Android phone as well and gives issues.. so only use that via bluetooth for calls..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Both mine and the wife's android phones work flawlessly on android auto both on the Arona and our Polo GTi which is the same system. The only thing that bugs me about android auto is the native music app does not show Albums in the menu so had to download a third party music player called cloudplayer to get this functionality,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.