Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had an Arona FR for just over 2 years (purchased new).
Almost from the start a rubbery squeak/rumble sound starting coming from the front.
I have returned to the Seat dealer a number of times. I was initially told they couldn't find anything and to return it when the noise was "obvious". The second time I was told that they were aware of the fault and that the noise would disappear the more it was driven (I wasn't convinced).
The third time they booked it in to grease the part of the suspension which was causing the noise and to resit some cap that could move.
So far nothing worked.
The 4th time they booked it in for 2 days to replace a part of the suspension. After this for a short time at least, it was a pleasure to drive.
Now after circa 200 miles, the noise is back.
Having been told Seat were aware of this problem, it is up to them to come up with a permanent fix.
To buy a new car and be faced with the same problem after 2 years suggests the problem isn't fixable, in which case they sold a new car that was not fit for purpose.
I'll be revising Seat once again and expect proper and honest answers.
I see others have had the same issue but the thread was about 2 years old.
Is anyone experiencing this on a new Arona or having ongoing issues with Seat on the issue?

·
Registered
ARONA EXPERIENCE 2021 IN DARK GREEN WITH WHITE ROOF AND MIRRORS
72 Posts
I've had an Arona FR for just over 2 years (purchased new).
Almost from the start a rubbery squeak/rumble sound starting coming from the front.
I have returned to the Seat dealer a number of times. I was initially told they couldn't find anything and to return it when the noise was "obvious". The second time I was told that they were aware of the fault and that the noise would disappear the more it was driven (I wasn't convinced).
The third time they booked it in to grease the part of the suspension which was causing the noise and to resit some cap that could move.
So far nothing worked.
The 4th time they booked it in for 2 days to replace a part of the suspension. After this for a short time at least, it was a pleasure to drive.
Now after circa 200 miles, the noise is back.
Having been told Seat were aware of this problem, it is up to them to come up with a permanent fix.
To buy a new car and be faced with the same problem after 2 years suggests the problem isn't fixable, in which case they sold a new car that was not fit for purpose.
I'll be revising Seat once again and expect proper and honest answers.
I see others have had the same issue but the thread was about 2 years old.
Is anyone experiencing this on a new Arona or having ongoing issues with Seat on the issue?
Yes the same here same noise same problem mine is a 71 plate 5500 mls but the last two months the squeaking rubbing noise got worse at low speed only so it went in and guess what they said they had packed the n/d strut with “special “ grease and to let it bed in for a while anyway I checked the strut no sign of any grease around it clean as a whistle so time for review and I gave one star to the dealership plus said what I thought it was. Today I had a call off the manager who was very sorry etc and can they Collect the car and do further investigation they were really sorry that I only gave one star never had that before ( likly story) anyway let’s hope this time it’s fixed

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the same here same noise same problem mine is a 71 plate 5500 mls but the last two months the squeaking rubbing noise got worse at low speed only so it went in and guess what they said they had packed the n/d strut with “special “ grease and to let it bed in for a while anyway I checked the strut no sign of any grease around it clean as a whistle so time for review and I gave one star to the dealership plus said what I thought it was. Today I had a call off the manager who was very sorry etc and can they Collect the car and do further investigation they were really sorry that I only gave one star never had that before ( likly story) anyway let’s hope this time it’s fixed
Hi,
Hope you have a better result than I've had.
My guess is that it will be fine for a couple of hundred miles or so, then the sound will start retuning. Quiet and intermittent at first, but gradually getting louder and more frequent.
All I would ask is that Seat is honest with me. I was told by their first engineer it was ab unknown fault, the second time a second engineer said it was a known fault and the third time another engineer stopped short of admitting it was a common fault, which it appears to be.
Good luck getting yours resolved. I'll let you know what happens on my next visit to Seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Mine Arona 2019 FR 110H 1.6 MPI after 2 months started to make squeaky noise from the front left side. After I went to the dealer, he told to give it time and the sound will go away on its own. He showed me the part he thought the problem. It was about 20cm plastic part I forgot about the name. Anyway the sound really gone after couple of months. After a while I noticed that my car sometimes make a squeaky sound coming from the back. Especially after I pickup relatively heavy stuff. But it goes away after a week or so. It’s a complicated car I know, but I love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts