Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up to 800 miles now and after a 500 odd mile round trip down to Devon I've started to get a feel for the car and also some of the niggles that you don't always initially think about or thought would bother me. I have been impressed with the fuel economy so far. On the run from the east midlands to Devon last Friday it was driving rain and a headwind with 4 on board plus luggage we averaged 40mpg and pretty much same on return. Not bad for weather and still tight engine. What I didn't realise was how small the fuel tank is, which although got 320 miles range, I wonder why it couldn't have been a couple of gallons bigger. The only fault so far is a bit of trim that keeps falling off the corner of the parcel shelf. Seats are really comfy and no back aches after 4 hours of driving. Wish there was a rear courtesy light, but. Might see if I can retro fit one. Other than that I have to agree that there really isn't as much wind noise as test make out, if anything the most noise is from tyre roar but never obtrusive. So far been really impressed and proved to be a relaxed car to drive even in horrible weather. Oh one other minus is I find the brakes slightly grabby, maybe slightly over servoed. But other than that for the price point can't go wrong.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great to hear about your thoughts Dolphin.

How did you find the ride with the adaptive suspension?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was set on eco for the trip down. I have had a play with the suspension and you can tell the difference on larger bumps, especially speed bumps. Not had the weather to be able to give it a good try round some of the b roads round me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
400 miles done in two days since getting my 1.0 tsi 115 bhp excellence trim , desire red with grey roof and I'm impressed , traded in a top spec SKODA fabia and the Arona one litre is just as punchy comfy seats too did 400 mikes around fort William and small pot holes are no problem soaks up the bumps

·
Registered
420 Posts
4 Days in And So far
Impressed with the Ride smooth's out the bumps
As others said the 1ltr engine is quick of the mark Not to Noisy
Sat Nav and ICE brilliant
Car Looks brilliant everybody says the same
Bit disappointed in the Interior partially trim Door Cards very thin hard Plastic
BUT the main thing I bought it was unable to get in and out of the Leon so wanted something higher that would fit in the garage and was the only one that I liked So it fits me perfect :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dolphinfriendly1012 said:
Up to 800 miles now and after a 500 odd mile round trip down to Devon I've started to get a feel for the car and also some of the niggles that you don't always initially think about or thought would bother me. I have been impressed with the fuel economy so far. On the run from the east midlands to Devon last Friday it was driving rain and a headwind with 4 on board plus luggage we averaged 40mpg and pretty much same on return. Not bad for weather and still tight engine. What I didn't realise was how small the fuel tank is, which although got 320 miles range, I wonder why it couldn't have been a couple of gallons bigger. The only fault so far is a bit of trim that keeps falling off the corner of the parcel shelf. Seats are really comfy and no back aches after 4 hours of driving. Wish there was a rear courtesy light, but. Might see if I can retro fit one. Other than that I have to agree that there really isn't as much wind noise as test make out, if anything the most noise is from tyre roar but never obtrusive. So far been really impressed and proved to be a relaxed car to drive even in horrible weather. Oh one other minus is I find the brakes slightly grabby, maybe slightly over servoed. But other than that for the price point can't go wrong.
Agree with al except the trim fall off , nothing like that for me ,I got mine on Tuesday , went on a 400 mile round trip from aberdeen to glencoe - all good , even managed to work out how to upload a logo for my local radio station ! - just finished cleaning it - very easy to clean except the 17 excellence alloys are fiddly to clean but boy they are very smart , black - grey and silver agree about the brakes the wife is still getting used to them ,, enjoy your car mate

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all, got car on the 1st. 900 + miles all driving conditions and motorways , A roads and stop start traffic jams. Average mpg late 40s normal mode manual & stop start. It's a loverly quite smooth ride with a punchy engine and a slick gearbox. Cabin is comfortable and the spec is amazing for the money. I love it. Rich

·
Registered
355 Posts
I will be so glad to get mine at the end of MAY. I am reading all of these reports and it really does help cement that I made the right choice.
As all this waiting you get little doubting niggles etc.
Will be different going from the Golf 7 to the Arona.
So all of these reports really do help guys.. Keep them coming. I am sure it also helps others as well to:
1. Make up their minds to buy an Arona
2. That they made the right choice in Buying an Arona

Thank you ALL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts