Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to the surprise spec change and Andrew Robertson of Morrisons SEAT in Stirling I have cancelled my order and would strongly urge people to avoid this garage. Very unhappy with the lack of customer care and communication from both the dealer and Seat overall.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I may well be following suit and for the same reasons aka Snows Seat Portsmouth Will make up my mind once Seat web site has updated the exact spec on Friday 27/04/2018 THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO GINGE

·
Registered
14 Posts
CrippledGinge said:
Due to the surprise spec change and Andrew Robertson of Morrisons SEAT in Stirling I have cancelled my order and would strongly urge people to avoid this garage. Very unhappy with the lack of customer care and communication from both the dealer and Seat overall.
I originally went to morrisons (its now the john clark group) for my car with Andrew aswell but he wouldnt give me a great deal. So went to arnold clark broxburn and meant to have my excellance on friday but seen as i have had no phone call from the garage its doubtful that i will get it. I think its seat thats the problem more then the garages to be fair

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ive cancelled my order over this LUX trim issue.

I can see many more people following suit.

Lost brand confidence now, it should have been my FIRST SEAT. But they can stick it...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well i will see what the dealer says when i call tomorrow. I have only ordered the xcellance so the changes doesnt effect me but can see why people are pissed off its alot of money to pay for the same as the xcellance

·
Registered
355 Posts
Marystewart83

This is exactly how i feel about it.
How can they sell it as THE LUXURY ONE. when it looks and feels no different to an Excellence.
I went for this because I was not happy with the White dash.. and i really liked the look of the Leather/Alcantara seats.
park assist I would probably only use to show off to friends LOL.
I can drive a lorry, park assist is just for when i am feeling Very LAZY LOL or Showing off...

·
Registered
14 Posts
As bad as it sounds i really dont know anything about the dash 🙈 i wasnt paying attention i have a suzuki vitara and i am really going to miss it i wanted another one but was too expensive a month they have reverse camera as standard but its plastic inside aswell so i think thats why it never bothered me but i wouldnt be paying more for something u can get £1000 cheaper for the same, its a shame as they clearly havnt realised how popular these cars would be but when you make cars to a specific spec without being able to buy extra's then they are crazy to think they wouldnt sell loads as its what everyone wants these days

·
Registered
355 Posts
http://www.seat.co.uk/new-cars/new-arona/trims/xcellence-lux.html

This is the laugh
They removed the details from the spec list when you configure it.
but the website info reads the same.

AND the FR Sport is still getting the leather dash and Alcantara seats.
Some LUXURY ONE... what a load of tosh...
Sorry WONT ever buy a seat NOW.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Marystewarty83 said:
So went to arnold clark broxburn and meant to have my excellance on friday but seen as i have had no phone call from the garage its doubtful that i will get it. I think its seat thats the problem more then the garages to be fair
We saw our Xcellence in Arnold Clark in Broxburn on Friday. But we could not see any other Aronas. We are waiting for the recall fix, hopefully done by Monday after we are back from holiday.

Ours had been ordered for dealers. We just picked it from a list of ones on the way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mines is the majestic colour i ordered start of february. I am not holding out that i will be getting it this weekend. Will call the salesman at lunchtime see what the script is.

I only went to Broxburn coz they gave me a better deal than the seat garage in stirling 🙄

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well here go what a complete cock up this has turned out to be, i'm sure in the small print Seat have some sort of disclaimer which covers this mess up when i ordered my Xcellence Lux back in January it was on the understanding it would have all the bells and whistles, i'm getting no feed back from my dealer unless i chase them and the only update i have from Seat uk about compensation for the delay in build time and then when the car was built (10th April ) and awaiting shipment, hopefully when i'm due to pick it up on the 14th May ??? it will be as ordered if not they will have car in stock for someone who managed to jump the queue. All the best to the guys that have jumped ship and gone for something else i may have to do the same.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mines is just the xcellance i ordered i couldnt justify the extra £1000 for some wee extra's that i dont need so i am glad after seeing the horrendous changes and delays on the lux and FR's. When i spoke to the dealership on friday he said it was just waiting to be assigned to a lorry and delivery will be 27/4/18 still awaiting a phone call today to give me my registration etc etc but i can gaurantee i will be phoning them for them to tell me a delay for me then to say shove the car as i am not waiting any longer for a bloody seat car 4 months is ridiculous

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am considering cancelling my Xcellence Lux because of the change in spec. I would not be happy driving the car with that horrendous & distracting white dash.
My question is: Did those who cancelled get a refund of their deposit or does SEAT see it as a minor spec change and hide behind their "policy of continuous product development and reserves the right to make changes to its specifications without notice"?
I will be contacting my dealer next week to see what the situation is.

Seat Arona Excellence lux 1.0tsi 115ps DSG Monsoon Grey ordered 16 Feb 2018

·
Registered
2 Posts
I saw my dealer on Tuesday 01 May. They had been informed of the downgrading of the seats and the addition of the winter pack. Also if customers wanted the original spec they would have to wait until Q4. What they were not informed of by SEAT was the repalcement of the trim with white plastic. They rang SEAT who confirmed this. I cannot fault the dealer (Dales of Scorrier) who were kept in the dark by SEAT. They refunded my deposit without question. To add insult to injury someone was picking up a Xcellence Lux to my exact specification, including colour.
Those who don't subscribe to the forum will be greatly annoyed and disappointed when they pick up their car.

Have now orderd a Citroen C3 Aircross Flair Auto

SEAT Arona Excellence Lux 1.0tsi 115ps DSG Monsoon Grey ordered 16 Feb 2018

1 - 14 of 14 Posts