Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Seat Arona FR in Mongoose Gray with black roof last week.

The car was already in stock in Spain and been given a waiting time of between 2 to 4 weeks.

The car is presently status 30 and is on its way to a UK port
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
Congratulations on your order, glad that you, as I did, were able to reserve a car destined for the UK ensuring you get a decent delivery time. I hope you enjoy your FR as much as I enjoy mine.
I suspect your Mongoose might turn Magnetic!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
The car is for my wife as a 50th birthday present (don't know why I did that, as I wouldn't mind a new car myself :shock: )
just wondering when it will turn up as I was wondering if it could be stalled a bit and registered as a 68 plate for Sept 1st, as it is getting pretty close to that date. Anyone any idea if this could be done? Or am i being a bit cheeky? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see that they have changed the colour to Magnetic on the website in the last couple of days. I wonder?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
The original brochure (October 17) lists it as Monsoon Grey!
I guess the Marketing guys have to have something to worry about!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just spoke to Seat Customer Services and I find out that the car has only been built last week. Should have been receiving it this week.😮

It is now Magnetic Gray and a 2019 FR model. Should I be expecting any other changes on the FR 2019 model?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Jackswan said:
Just spoke to Seat Customer Services and I find out that the car has only been built last week. Should have been receiving it this week.😮

It is now Magnetic Gray and a 2019 FR model. Should I be expecting any other changes on the FR 2019 model?
The Arona was introduced late 2017, and have generally been built to MY19 specs since start, so only negligible spec changes.

You have already discovered the slightly different shade of grey paint
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Jackswan said:
Just spoke to Seat Customer Services and I find out that the car has only been built last week. Should have been receiving it this week.😮

It is now Magnetic Gray and a 2019 FR model. Should I be expecting any other changes on the FR 2019 model?
What are the doing Flying it Across :D
Mines on the dock awaiting ship assignment Seat quotes 28 days to dealer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seat have also told me that the car is waiting to be assigned shipment, so must also be on the dock.
They reckon about three to four week wait for the car.
So from being told that it was available from stock and a two to four week wait at the beginning of August, it has now seemed to have turned into a factory order.
Just wondering if this was anything to do with WLTP?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Jackswan said:
Seat have also told me that the car is waiting to be assigned shipment, so must also be on the dock.
They reckon about three to four week wait for the car.
So from being told that it was available from stock and a two to four week wait at the beginning of August, it has now seemed to have turned into a factory order.
Just wondering if this was anything to do with WLTP?
Not WLTP as Arona introduced after deadline 31/8/17 for new models (or 31/8/18 for existing models already on sale a year earlier)

Somebody has not been 100% truthful, From stock usually means in UK, sometimes on a ship about to arrive is included. Shouldn't really include about to be built or still at factory (or the Barcelona dock multi storey car park)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Snowdaddy said:
Jackswan said:
Seat have also told me that the car is waiting to be assigned shipment, so must also be on the dock.
They reckon about three to four week wait for the car.
So from being told that it was available from stock and a two to four week wait at the beginning of August, it has now seemed to have turned into a factory order.
Just wondering if this was anything to do with WLTP?
Not WLTP as Arona introduced after deadline 31/8/17 for new models (or 31/8/18 for existing models already on sale a year earlier)

Somebody has not been 100% truthful, From stock usually means in UK, sometimes on a ship about to arrive is included. Shouldn't really include about to be built or still at factory (or the Barcelona dock multi storey car park)
I was told that it was Status 30 back on August 10th, three weeks before it was apparently built. Not happy with this dealer at the moment, but where do I stand?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Hi
Glad you like it I love mine have you fathomed out what the net is for on the passenger side is for in picture one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:) No idea.

Only had a quick drive and a play with it for the first time earlier today, that was all that I was allowed :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did notice that the engine feels very tight and a bit restricted at the moment, so quickly flicked it into sport mode. What a difference, but been told to put it back into normal mode now. Nothing like a bit of fun.

The dealer told us that it does not require running in, but I think that he is wrong there, its going to take a few hundred miles yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
In the book it is 900 miles for run-in.
but I still booted mine occasionally once it was warmed up fully.
and used Sport Mode. and i've now got one 2K on the car, and the engine is really keen.
and does pull very well, No issues.

Most race engines are run in hard, but then they change the oil quit a few times during the run in period.
As this does smooth off the part quickly and will give an increase in HP. but as we are not going to be changing the Oil until 10K then we need to run in more slowly.
Reason they change the oil so much is to flush the metal particles out, that get knocked off quickly. this not cost effective for a normal everyday car.
but changing the Oil more regularly well improve the engine running, and fuel economy.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top