Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to tell me how satisfied you are because I am planing to buy an Arona with auto transmission.
I am between the arona and the Toyota Yaris cross.

·
Super Moderator
575 Posts
90% happy.... annoyed at the penny pinching lack of rear seat lighting, and glovebox lights.... but not sure if the new ones have these now ?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Very happy overall, since the facelift came out in summer, most of the stupid ideas like lack of back interior lights, ACC not available on FR etc have been sorted

I have done 31k miles in just over 3 years and no plan to change it as very happy.

Both the Arona and Yaris cross are not the greatest in back for adults or teenagers (really need a bigger size) but fine for younger children

·
Registered
211 Posts
Another satisfied owner after just over 2 years. Like BFP above the lack of rear seat lights was annoying initially but I've sorted that. Overall MPG is 51.2 which is ok by me. I like the high-up driving position, comfort on poor road surfaces, smooth gear changes and peppy 115 engine. Lots of hard plastics inside but they do appear to be wearing well.

·
Registered
196 Posts
My 2nd Arona Xcellence Lux is now in its sixth month and only issue is flaky AM radio reception (not a concern for 99%!).
If I really want to be picky, then 1. No rear internal lights, 2. no rear cup holders, 3. no grab handles and all these in a top of the range model, but I knew that when I ordered my most recent one.
Smooth, economical and versatile. All car models may have the odd Friday afternoon rogue but my Seats have been very good, so far!

·
Registered
Arona 1.5 tsi FR Sport 2019
22 Posts
Another satisfied owner after just over 2 years. Like BFP above the lack of rear seat lights was annoying initially but I've sorted that. Overall MPG is 51.2 which is ok by me. I like the high-up driving position, comfort on poor road surfaces, smooth gear changes and peppy 115 engine. Lots of hard plastics inside but they do appear to be wearing well.
How did you go about sorting the rear seat lighting?

·
Registered
ARONA EXPERIENCE 2021 IN DARK GREEN WITH WHITE ROOF AND MIRRORS
72 Posts
My 2nd Arona Xcellence Lux is now in its sixth month and only issue is flaky AM radio reception (not a concern for 99%!).
If I really want to be picky, then 1. No rear internal lights, 2. no rear cup holders, 3. no grab handles and all these in a top of the range model, but I knew that when I ordered my most recent one.
Smooth, economical and versatile. All car models may have the odd Friday afternoon rogue but my Seats have been very good, so far!
Mine has rear lights

·
Registered
211 Posts
How did you go about sorting the rear seat lighting?
I have fitted REALLY bright central front interior lights which help with rear illumination but also a battery operated, remote controlled, central LED lamp unit which is velcro'd to the roof lining for easy removal. The remote controller handset is tiny and works fine inside the car or through the glass from outside.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have fitted REALLY bright central front interior lights which help with rear illumination but also a battery operated, remote controlled, central LED lamp unit which is velcro'd to the roof lining for easy removal. The remote controller handset is tiny and works fine inside the car or through the glass from outside.
I have also put bright bulbs in the front. I was looking at ordering the rear footwell lamp kit from AliExpress that piggybacks off the fronts which should be a relatively easy fit to give at least some light in that area but don't want to start messing with the roof lining to wire up a light there. Do you have a link for the battery operated one?

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have also put bright bulbs in the front. I was looking at ordering the rear footwell lamp kit from AliExpress that piggybacks off the fronts which should be a relatively easy fit to give at least some light in that area but don't want to start messing with the roof lining to wire up a light there. Do you have a link for the battery operated one?
The one I fitted doesn't appear to be currently available in the UK but it looks very much like these: LED Puck Light RGBW 16 Colors Closet Wireless Under Cabinet Lamp Remote Control | eBay I chose black to match my black headlining and used black velco to attach to the headlining. When the light unit is removed the black velco remaining is virtually invisible against the headlining.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Arona 1.0 TSI 115 SE Technology [EZ] 5dr DSG 1l Automatic
2 Posts
My solution to the rear lighting problem - bought a battery operated mini cob inspection light from Halfords (Ring COB LED Pocket Lamp RIL56 | Halfords UK). Tucked it out of sight under the rear headrest nearest the door I use most often making sure the on/off button was protruding a bit. It gives plenty of light so I can get my wriggly pain (but wonderful) dog clipped onto her seatbelt. I've taken it out for the summer nights but will pop it back in for the winter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Looked at both of these. Only had the Arona a few weeks and bar a couple of glitches with the infotainment I’m very impressed. You have to understand it’s a small car. Some of the complaints of it I’ve seen seem to be from people looking at the class it’s in and comparing it to much larger things like the xc40. Yes they are both ‘small SUVs’ but not really comparable size or price wise.

I think it’s very nice for a small car. It’s a good drive and the facelift means it feels pretty modern and nice enough for a small car.

I think it’s a nicer car all round compared to the Yaris Cross. BUT the one advantage any Toyota will have over a seat is durability. Those things just keep going. They aren’t plush or full of tech but they are hardy resilient things. If I was buying for my teenager I’d get the Yaris. But for me…Arona.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts