Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I wanted to find out if any experienced any issues with the paintwork when they collected their car from the dealership.

I am due to collect our new car on Saturday and want to know if anyone's car had any scratches or swirl marks?

Cheers,

Charlie

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine had swirl marks in Malta. You normally see them under artificial lights and not in daylight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
danjel said:
Mine had swirl marks in Malta. You normally see them under artificial lights and not in daylight.
Thanks, I'm planning to take my LED torch with me to check the car over.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi
Mine had swirl marks but i think that is common on all new cars
I had mine ceramic coated and the detailer pointed them out to me under his LED torch he had to polish them out before applying the coating

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brian566 said:
Hi
Mine had swirl marks but i think that is common on all new cars
I had mine ceramic coated and the detailer pointed them out to me under his LED torch he had to polish them out before applying the coating
Did you mention this to the dealership when you collected the car?

Be interested to know what they said.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I could no see them at the dealers and to honest I could not see them. I had my car done a at local detailer he pointed them out to me under his Led lights
The dealer is 60 mile away as used carwow but don't think they would say it was a fault

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes I pointed this out and they said it is normal and yeah I was not pleased. But if you search the internet it seems that the swirl marks are created when they incorrectly polish the car. The swirl marks are more visible to particular colors like black or red and under artificial light.

Like Brian said, the only way to remove them after is to decontaminate the car and polish again the car. After application of sealant or ceramic coating can be done. This full process can be done at a professional detailer and it costs approx 400€...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts