Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else had problems with their rear shelf ?
The anchor points on both strings where they slot under the boot have snapped ...
so now the shelf can't rise up when I open the boot 馃槥
Poor quality plastic fittings ,

Registered
Bad luck. Have noticed the parcel shelf & mountings appear very cheap compared to the mountings on my previous Skoda Yeti which was much more robust. I need to remove the parcel shelf on a regular basis to carry my sons' dog & can't see the mountings lasting any length of time. Unfortunately, another cost saving from th VAG Group.

Registered
Baggy said:
Anyone else had problems with their rear shelf ?
The anchor points on both strings where they slot under the boot have snapped ...
so now the shelf can't rise up when I open the boot 馃槥
Poor quality plastic fittings ,
The left hand anchor point on mine has been broken from day one, although I unfortunately didn't notice it at the dealer handover! I can't be bothered at the moment to drive 30 miles to the dealer just to get a plastic attachment replaced.

Is yours just loose and falls out the hole all the time? Or has it actually snapped?

I'm thinking about just super gluing the attachment into the metal? Won't stop me from removing the parcel shelf if I need to.

Registered
And I thought it was just mine that lost the pin inserts in the boot lid.

Remedy, two round head self tapping screws. Screw them into the black retaining plugs in the boot lid no problems now.

DSCN3177.JPG

DSCN3179.JPG

DSCN3182.JPG

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called into dealer who have given me a replacement set plus 1 spare ..
I have rang Seat UK also to log it hoping if enough other people do the same they may amend the design and make it a simple loop over design from the string itself - much easier and simpler ..
Due to the design I can see this being a recurring problem ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts