Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope it was just my car but please check yours. I noticed the yellow warning sign below the heating system that was staying on so checked the switch on the passenger side. you can see it when you open the door. The switch is set to OFF.

·
Registered
355 Posts
That means that the Passenger Airbag is switched off.
If only you in the Car then this is OK.
If you have your wife or others that regularly travel in the passenger seat, then put your key in the switch and turn it to the ON position.
This light is to remind you that the Airbag is off.

Pages 90 and 91 of the Owners manual.

If in doubt take it to the Garage and get them to check it, it is a safety issue and they are obliged to check this immediately.
If they say they cannot get you booked in for days/weeks then this is a major concern, as it is a major safety issue.
as if faulty then the airbags could deploy on their own whilst your driving.
OR
Fail to deploy in an Accident.
Also this can renders the seatbelt pre tensioners in operative.

So best to be safe, and get it checked.
Check you Owners manuals, if you are out and about and any warning lights come on.
if still unsure, go to the nearest SEAT Dealer or Call the Breakdown service which is included with your new car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm really disappointed this was not picked up at the PDI check that MUST be carried out by the dealer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Same with me - passenger side air bag turned off on delivery!!!

Got mine on using ignition key OK.

Perhaps a SEAT dealer might like to comment?

Keith

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine was switched off also when delivered.

Noticed after a few days then enabled it with the key.

·
Registered
355 Posts
it is switched off for a reason during transportation.
if the cars is knocked which could cause the airbag to deploy then switching off the passenger airbag will save having to replace the complete dashboard.
replacement of an airbag module in the steering wheel is far easier.
and the dealers leave it up to the individuals to have it switched on or not.
But the should advise you about this and how to activate if you so wish.
Even when i collected my VW UP from the Wolfsburg factory it was switched off but they took the time to explain it all.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'd like to bring this subject back as I experienced the exact same thing when picking mine up yesterday. The passenger air back was 'off'. The funny thing however, was when I pointed this out to the dealer, he said it should be left like that. I argued with him for a little while and he insisted that 'off' meant that the air bag would deploy. WRONG!! I moved it to the 'on' position as soon as I drove off the forecourt.

You'd think that the dealer would know that they come in the 'off' position and change it. Wait till there's an accident and the air bag doesn't deploy.

Please check your cars to make sure that the passenger air bag is in the appropriate mode, depending on your personal circumstances.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I brought this up with the dealer and suggested this be checked at the PDI (Pre delivery inspection) and switched to on

·
Registered
38 Posts
I picked mine up on Saturday and just checked after reading this. Luckily mine was switched on! Seems to be some inconsistency.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mine was also delivered with passenger airbag switched off

Surely the default on delivery should be all safety systems on, not expect the customer to enable them when they eventually think about it

As an afterthought checked the driver aids in menu, and discovered the blind spot monitor and the front assist were all unticked so not active upon delivery. You would think that as they are advertised as a feature in menu would be activated at Factory.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Snowdaddy said:
Mine was also delivered with passenger airbag switched off

Surely the default on delivery should be all safety systems on, not expect the customer to enable them when they eventually think about it

As an afterthought checked the driver aids in menu, and discovered the blind spot monitor and the front assist were all unticked so not active upon delivery. You would think that as they are advertised as a feature in menu would be activated at Factory.
Blind spot and front assist were turned off for me as well but while the dealer was doing their handover and showing me everything he turned them on. Is a bit weird, you'd think they'd leave the factory all turned on or at least be turned on by the dealers when they do their inspection when delivered?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mine was also turned off on delivery but I had to find it myself

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.