Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on the finance calculator section of Seat UK and there are currently two PCP schemes in the illustrator

One is called 1000DC Q118 and is 4.9%
Other is 1000DC Q218 and is 5.9%

Am I correct in thinking they are £1000 deposit contribution, and the Quarter 2 2018 is at a higher interest rate, so the car is now effectively more expensive to buy on finance

Not happy if I have missed the cheaper version

·
Registered
299 Posts
Looks that way, I see that the ateca is 0% on the 4drive versions which almost makes it cheaper to buy one of those. It was 3.9% when I bought mine. 2% is quite a bit extra. I'm sure someone good at maths will give a rough idea.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Interestingly the mileage charge is different depending on which engine you choose
1.0 = 3p
1.5 = 5p
1.6d = 3.9p
Not too.much of an issue unless you an to return it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got mine at 4.9 but look at the Ateca .. if that was 0% at the time I was looking I might have got one of those instead Cos I'm sure you could haggle a cheaper deal if you take into account the Apr and repayment cost ..?

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered before 31-12-17 , dealer admitted the pcp APR was heading up big time after 1-1-18 , happy with my deal , as I haggle ( old school 55 ) actually got s cracking deal pm me if you want details

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently the prices also went up yesterday

So I should have done the seal Monday, but was reassured by the salesperson saying they expected the deals to extend until end of April.

So having finally decided to go for top spec, looks like over 3 years will cost £1k more than on Monday, so now having second thoughts. Had the dealer called me before the changes would have paid the deposit over the phone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you're not married to the idea of PCP then there's some great deals PCH/lease. I went with Stoneacre for £1039 deposit and 35 x £175.75. that's a total of £7191 for 3 years for an SE Tech 115 DSG.

·
Registered
66 Posts
We have just received a copy of the Agreement from SEAT Financial Services and the APR on a 4 year PCP agreement is 3.9%.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Montala said:
We have just received a copy of the Agreement from SEAT Financial Services and the APR on a 4 year PCP agreement is 3.9%.
Can I ask when you ordered, as current offers appear to be at 5.9% which is a hefty 51% increase in interest on your deal.

My current deal ends September, so I was hoping to get a new 68reg, but it appears the current finance offers require registration by August, even for orders in June.

I'm torn between ordering in next couple of weeks, or taking a punt the delivery delays come down and I can get better deal June or July.

Anyone got any thoughts on what might happen (or a crystal ball).

·
Registered
66 Posts
Snowdaddy said:
Can I ask when you ordered, as current offers appear to be at 5.9% which is a hefty 51% increase in interest on your deal.

My current deal ends September, so I was hoping to get a new 68reg, but it appears the current finance offers require registration by August, even for orders in June.

I'm torn between ordering in next couple of weeks, or taking a punt the delivery delays come down and I can get better deal June or July.

Anyone got any thoughts on what might happen (or a crystal ball).
When I first visited a SEAT dealer on 1st March 2018 I was quoted a rate of 4.9% but just 5 days later, on 5th March, another dealer, with whom I placed an order for a new 18 reg Arona, quoted 3.9% which was confirmed on the pre-contract agreement from SEAT (VW) Finance.

The final agreement was signed last Monday (9th April 2018) at the same rate.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Zer0 said:
If you're not married to the idea of PCP then there's some great deals PCH/lease. I went with Stoneacre for £1039 deposit and 35 x £175.75. that's a total of £7191 for 3 years for an SE Tech 115 DSG.
Can I ask which Stoneacre branch you're using ?
I can see PCP details but nothing for PCH.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Peterson said:
Zer0 said:
Can I ask which Stoneacre branch you're using ?
I can see PCP details but nothing for PCH.
I put in an enquiry through the leasing section on WhatCar and Stoneacre emailed me a quote. Seems to come from their headquarters and they'll source a car from any of their dealers if it's in stock, or factory order.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.