Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could give me an idea what fuel consumption i can expect from my 1.0 115PS petrol auto when i eventually get my keys?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Assuming you still need this, you can expect low to mid 40 s on new engine and then pretty easy 50 s mpg once run in.

On around 1500 miles I can now achieve the latter on most runs that are not highish speed motorway runs. Engine warms quickly and mpg will go from 20s to 30s then 40s plus in minutes. Hope this helps. Based on a March delivered FR Petrol one litre115 engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
Long term since start I'm averaging 43, since last refill 47, so pretty pleased with the 115 petrol engine. Allegedly sub or above 60/65 mph is the key factor, inc the autos. Hills too.

Never had a 40 litre tank before so mpg does play a key part in range to next refill and adds incentive to ease on the gas till engine warmed up . Closing in on indicated mid 50s on a longer runs so downsizing from 120 hp Doblo and an old non turbo 1.4 Ibiza has definitely paid off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hi, does anyone has the diesel engine? and what MPG consumption does it have?

I do like the Arona a lot and I think I may well be ordering one in the next few weeks. The company I work for has more cars that run on diesel than Petrol and I wonder what I should order. I drive around 136701 miles (22.000 km) per year.

If I am correct a petrol engine with 40L tank will will have a range of around 347 miles (560 Km). Was wondering if the range of a diesel engine would be around 434 (700 km)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
https://www.parkers.co.uk/seat/arona/running-costs-mpg/

Have an explore as there is a lot of data and sub pages to click on that talk about running costs and mpg claimed figures for the various petrol and diesel models, the 1.6 diesel being their pick for fuel economy.

And keep an eye on Government tax rates and plans to continue penalising diesel users via road tax or other financial 'sticks' to beat you with.! Good luck with your ongoing research.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I'm getting between 44 - 52 MPG and have done just over 1K miles taking it easy and running it in. Very pleased with that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Hi I have the 115ps DSG Arona and have now done 1600 miles long term average shown as 44.6 mpg. We have found that the driver profile resets to normal every time you restart the car and you have to reselect it. The infotainment display still shows selected profile as eco but gear display shows D not E. Selecting eco each time you start improve fuel consumption we now get low to mid 50's without trying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
The gear select display will only be D or S, for Drive or Sport. Once Economy selected, it stays E until changed on my 115ps DSG.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I brought this up with SEAT
If you select Sport or Economy on the infotainment the gear display shows S or E BUT if you leave the car and come back, when you start the car the infotainment will show what it's last setting was BUT the gear display will show D. SEAT says the gear display setting is correct as the car defaults back to DRIVE setting once switched off and you leave the car. I argued then why does the infotainment display not change as well. So to use Sport or Eco again you have to go back into infotainment and select Sort or eco again and the gear display will change. the gear display is ALWAYS the mode the car is in. I asked when they will fix this. No reply
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
The best MPG on my 115 Petrol so far is 60.8MPG. I was on the M3 and was doing 65MPH and I have my 16inch Steel wheels with Winter Tyres on at the moment.
I did a 920 mile round trip to Germany and averaged 56.7MPG, 423miles to a tank.
Normally my daily commute is a round trip of 7.2 miles and I am getting 36-45MPG depending on weather, and if I drive it slow and steady or get it in Sport mode and get the foot down, also the amount of traffic, if it is jammed up or free flowing.
All of these veriables have an impact on the overall consumption.

Ive got just over 4200 miles on the clock and it have improved the economy, I was getting mid 20's to low 30's when I first got the car.
So need to give it time to loosen up the engine a bit.

David: The mode select reset happens the same on all the VW cars. I had this on on my Mark7 Golf and it did the same.
So I doubt if they will ever fix this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Has anyone found a way to have the long-term fuel consumption continually on display in the digital dash rather than the trip consumption? I only had a quick play with those settings but it didn't seem to be an option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GazzaB said:
The best MPG on my 115 Petrol so far is 60.8MPG. I was on the M3 and was doing 65MPH and I have my 16inch Steel wheels with Winter Tyres on at the moment.
I did a 920 mile round trip to Germany and averaged 56.7MPG, 423miles to a tank.
Normally my daily commute is a round trip of 7.2 miles and I am getting 36-45MPG depending on weather, and if I drive it slow and steady or get it in Sport mode and get the foot down, also the amount of traffic, if it is jammed up or free flowing.
All of these veriables have an impact on the overall consumption.

Ive got just over 4200 miles on the clock and it have improved the economy, I was getting mid 20's to low 30's when I first got the car.
So need to give it time to loosen up the engine a bit.

David: The mode select reset happens the same on all the VW cars. I had this on on my Mark7 Golf and it did the same.
So I doubt if they will ever fix this.
Thanks for that GazzaB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
DavidinScotland said:
I brought this up with SEAT
If you select Sport or Economy on the infotainment the gear display shows S or E BUT if you leave the car and come back, when you start the car the infotainment will show what it's last setting was BUT the gear display will show D. SEAT says the gear display setting is correct as the car defaults back to DRIVE setting once switched off and you leave the car. I argued then why does the infotainment display not change as well. So to use Sport or Eco again you have to go back into infotainment and select Sort or eco again and the gear display will change. the gear display is ALWAYS the mode the car is in. I asked when they will fix this. No reply
I visited my Seat dealer about another issue, today, and was told the same thing.
In addition, when restarting and you use the button, on left of the gear stick, to select driving mode, it may say E, on infotainment screen, but to get the E mode you need to switch to another mode, then switch back to E. Then it shows on both info and the gear display.
Seems to be a software issue. Let's hope for an early update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
I had this mode select on my mk7 golf and that did the same reset to D after power off and on.
So this is not just a SEAT think. its a through over from VW.
as for the sports mode, the settings for steering and acceleration remain in Sports mode just the Gear box goes back to Dynamic.
all you need to do is pull back on the gear stick of the auto box and it engages Sport mode.
pull back again and it changes back to Dynamic.
So for sports mode no need to go back into the mode selector.
I have set up mine in the individual mode, and just use the auto gear stick to select between dynamic and sport.
Never use Eco mode. I have tried it. but the car is sluggish and not great to drive. So I now leave it in my own settings.

Ive started the new job, and this week with the varying temperatures ive been getting from 45-52mpg.
Avg of 47mpg. still on winter tyres, will swap back after easter.
and then see what the difference is then on the normal summer tyres 18" Alloys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
stottycabanas said:
Has anyone found a way to have the long-term fuel consumption continually on display in the digital dash rather than the trip consumption? I only had a quick play with those settings but it didn't seem to be an option.
Scroll thumbwheel until consumption is displayed
Push down the scroll thumbwheel, hold it down, then scroll, should give three options, one of which is long term
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top