Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

My arona FR is due to be ready to collect this month and I was just wondering what the pick up process is like? Do you pick the registration plate or are they already on the car? And are the cars normally covered/kept separate from the cars for sale?

I've never had a brand new car so unsure of the process. I'm aware they could be different at different branches but just after a general idea!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi,

Generally dealers have batches of registrations so you might get choice of a few. You should get this few days before as you will need it for insurance

When the car arrives from transit it will need a pre delivery inspection (PDI), various checks made, tyre pressures dropped from transit status, some transit blocks in suspension removed, wheel nut torque checked, car cleaned up, number plates fitted etc. Once it has been through workshop is normally stored prior to handover.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Some dealers have a separate undercover handover bay, my Arona was in the general showroom, but locked and driven out by the salesman after he had linked my phone and explained/demonstrated how to tune the radio, operate the satnav etc. Other controls were ok as I was coming from a Skoda. Prior to the handover I requested they didn't apply dealer stickers and that they disabled the comfort function so the windows didn't drop if/when I sat on the keys. I didn't have a choice of reg but they taxed the car for 53 weeks I guess because they wanted it in the previous months sales as I chose to pick it up on the 2nd.
I was happy with the handover, of course, you will have loads more questions as soon as you drive away, but that is part of the
new car experience!

·
Registered
74 Posts
It should be pre-registered with plates on it and taxed.
They should tell you the plate number a few days in advance so you can get insurance.
If you are part-exchanging your old car you will need all of your paperwork (V5/MOT) and spare keys to hand over plus whatever service history you can find.
Make sure you see your car (for obvious faults) before signing over your old one.
There will be a fairly quick handover where you will be shown what you need to get you home. Mine had half a tank of diesel in it too and had been kept around the back somewhere, not in the showroom.
Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts