Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in the process of buying a Aroma Excellence Lux. Ordered in January 2018 and just delivered to dealership. On arrival it has not had electric adjustable heated and folding door mirrors. Seat are offering some inducements to accept it as delivered. My question to the forum is does this contravene trade descriptions as the vehicle not supplied as described? Also trying to move it on can tbese electric folding mirrors be retro fitted?

Thanks for any advice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 applies.
You have the right to reject the car if it is not as described.
It's up to you. You can reject the vehicle or come to an arrangement that is acceptable to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
I have the same problem, assume from user name you may have order from Norwich dealer. Can l ask if you had the cloth seat and beats stereo, instead of the original seat material. Would appear they built a fair number incorrectly, and the compensation they have offered is either £250, some free kit or extended warranty, very poor. According to a number of sources the folding/heated mirrors cannot be retro fitted, and these mirrors are one of the items that l required. Really stuck as to what to do next, don't fancy waiting another 5 months, and each months wait means l lose some more value on the part exchange price l was given. Have no problems with the dealer, but really wish l had not selected a Seat car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
It's a difficult one, knowing that if you reject the car it's going to be an extended leadtime to replace it (although in theory things should improve, now the WLTP stuff has pretty much been sorted).
However, if the lack of heated/folding mirrors is a dealbreaker for you, then even with some dealer incentive to keep the car, you may not be satisfied.
Is this a change of specification generally, or a mis-build?
If the latter, then you aren't the only one; there are at least 2 known examples over on seatcupra.net where people have had Leon FR dsg's delivered within the last 2 weeks with the wrong steering wheel fitted and therefore no 'flappy paddles'!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
ordered Excellence Lux on the 7 july 2018 delivered on 1st oct 1.6 tdi. heated seats beets audio digital dash and it goes like stink
had the silver dash and looks great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DavidM said:
I have the same problem, assume from user name you may have order from Norwich dealer. Can l ask if you had the cloth seat and beats stereo, instead of the original seat material. Would appear they built a fair number incorrectly, and the compensation they have offered is either £250, some free kit or extended warranty, very poor. According to a number of sources the folding/heated mirrors cannot be retro fitted, and these mirrors are one of the items that l required. Really stuck as to what to do next, don't fancy waiting another 5 months, and each months wait means l lose some more value on the part exchange price l was given. Have no problems with the dealer, but really wish l had not selected a Seat car.
As you we have had an offer from Seat via the dealer in Norwich who has also offered us another incentive from the list from Seat. I really am fed up with this having ordered in January and I think been treated as a sucker by SEAT with the dealer caught in the middle. The change of specification is due to the delay between ordering and delivery and is a change of seat covering, BEAT audio and improved digital screen. I'm about to go and have a face to face meeting with the dealership and try to resolve in an acceptable way. I hope the car is worth it with or without the electric mirrors.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Rumbletum said:
It's a difficult one, knowing that if you reject the car it's going to be an extended leadtime to replace it (although in theory things should improve, now the WLTP stuff has pretty much been sorted).
However, if the lack of heated/folding mirrors is a dealbreaker for you, then even with some dealer incentive to keep the car, you may not be satisfied.
Is this a change of specification generally, or a mis-build?
If the latter, then you aren't the only one; there are at least 2 known examples over on seatcupra.net where people have had Leon FR dsg's delivered within the last 2 weeks with the wrong steering wheel fitted and therefore no 'flappy paddles'!
Also if your car is a purchase you might have problems when selling as it wont match Spec
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We are in a period of negotiation with the dealer hoping to gain a few extras/financial inducement as to cancel the order will prolong the agony. We'll see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Due to meet with dealer tomorrow, so we'll see what they have to offer. Currently, as l really wanted the folding mirrors, will see if cancelling and re-ordering is an option, which really depends on how long l'll wait for a new build. Just so annoyed that a VAG company can make such a mistake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Hi all

My Arona was just about to be built but I have just been informed by my dealer about the folding mirror 'issue' and offered the £250 .....

But after some very deep thought, I've decided to reject their kind offer, so hopefully I don't go back to square 1 but will update as soon as I hear
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We went with £250 offer from SEAT and negotiated an extra year on warranty . Collected car this afternoon hope it is as good as the reports suggest.

I still have a distrust of the answers from SEAT that these mirrors can't be retro fitted. I am sure the wiring loom is common to all aronas. Any software changes to interface with say keyless entry systems must surely be rectified by connecting a computer and downloading updated software. Does anyone from SEAT watch or respond to this forum?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Picked the wife's new Arona Xcellence Lux up on Wednesday with a build date of 14/09 and the car does not have folding mirrors on. She was not to bothered as she only did the deal on Saturday after the dealers bought her 12 month old Ibiza back after being unable to fix a problem after several attempts and then jacking the car on the sill during the yearly service. As recompense they offered her an incredible deal on the Arona which she accepted and was pleased to find out it had come with the winter pack and beats audio fitted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Norfolk Boy, you may be correct, as the other item on the mirrors is the Blind Spot Detection warning symbols which are within the mirrors, and l am able to confirm these are on the mirrors of my car, with a fully functioning Blind Spot system. As this system is only fitted with to the Xcellence and Lux models, which is the same for Folding and Heated mirrors, the mirrors must be the right items for trim level, which is annoying as customer service told me the mirrors fitted to my car were from lower trim level. Having had a play with the car infotainment system, in the assist screen, the areas that correspond to the wing mirrors is not there, but whether it could be upgraded, who knows. l would assume the wiring loom is the same item fitted to all cars, then this would suggest you need to update the software and change the door switches. Maybe worth a web search or two, unless you know a Seat technician.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Confirm the BSD is there and working. Unfortunately I have not got someone independent to confirm or deny. However the dealership has said they will keep the situation under review and advise us if an update becomes available.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
Sokken said:
Maybe a stupid question but what is the issue with the folding mirrors?
It appears a batch of misbuilds have been produced
They have been fitted with mirrors from lower spec, which don't fold, and may be missing heating (glass demisting) and blind spot detection. All of which are in the extra price for spec

Of all the features that I have never previously had, blind spot is something that I use multiple times a day. But I have only folded the mirrors twice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Snowdaddy said:
Sokken said:
Maybe a stupid question but what is the issue with the folding mirrors?
It appears a batch of misbuilds have been produced
They have been fitted with mirrors from lower spec, which don't fold, and may be missing heating (glass demisting) and blind spot detection. All of which are in the extra price for spec

Of all the features that I have never previously had, blind spot is something that I use multiple times a day. But I have only folded the mirrors twice.
I can confirm that the blind spot warning is definitely working despite the mirrors not folding, the wife just had to activate it in the settings.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
Snowdaddy said:
Sokken said:
Maybe a stupid question but what is the issue with the folding mirrors?
It appears a batch of misbuilds have been produced
They have been fitted with mirrors from lower spec, which don't fold, and may be missing heating (glass demisting) and blind spot detection. All of which are in the extra price for spec

Of all the features that I have never previously had, blind spot is something that I use multiple times a day. But I have only folded the mirrors twice.
For some reason electric heated mirrors come with electric folding mirrors only in the UK, although are standard Style (our SE) and above in Europe. I find it daft that on my SE Lux I have the 'winter pack' of heated seats and heated washer jets but no heated wing mirrors as SEAT UK went for poverty spec to save a few pennies :roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Old Dave said:
Hi all

My Arona was just about to be built but I have just been informed by my dealer about the folding mirror 'issue' and offered the £250 .....

But after some very deep thought, I've decided to reject their kind offer, so hopefully I don't go back to square 1 but will update as soon as I hear
I think that a wise decision you want the Car to the spec you ordered
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top