Seat Arona Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
All this talk about rattles etc. is getting me a bit concerned for my recent order, especially when it seems they are not covered by the 3 yr warranty. I know all cars are made to a cost spec but at approaching £20K I expect no rattles at all or at least the manufacturer being prepared to fix them under warranty. MM

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same problem. I found it to happen very rarely. It appears mainly when the weather is sunny and the board is hot. Maybe there is some thermal thrust stress. But the problem only appears to me on hot days.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
JerrySK said:
I have the same problem. I found it to happen very rarely. It appears mainly when the weather is sunny and the board is hot. Maybe there is some thermal thrust stress. But the problem only appears to me on hot days.
Just the opposite of mine then

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I've had my Seat Arona FR since September 2018. In the last few weeks it has just developed the same rattle and vibration noise from the dash area/centre console.

Took the car into the dealers and it's been diagnosed as the handbrake fault, the dealer asked me to phone Seat UK. When I called I spoke to a manager and was told rattles and vibration noises are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty. They said that vibration and rattle noises are normal on Seat cars. I then asked the manager at Seat UK if I paid for a new handbrake to be fitted what guarantee would I have, they said 2 years on any rattle or vibration noise.

I then asked the same question to my local Seat dealer and was told I would get no guarantee, and that I may still get the rattle and vibration when the handbrake is fitted or in a few months time. They said this is why Seat UK will not authorise a new handbrake to be fitted as it will not last. I then asked if this was a design fault and was told yes by the dealer.

I asked Seat UK to put the handbrake rattling issue in writing in an email to me, but when I received it they had avoided admitting the fault and said it is just the characteristics of the car.

Has anyone else managed to get a solution to this problem or any action by Seat?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
That's very apt post :!:
As you are aware I have been trying to trace my vibration for over a month I thought it might be the demister vents as it seems round that area
I have had my hand right up the back past the heater and wedged some foam were I could reach the plastic tubing so though that had cured it but it came back .
my next solution yet to try was to slide a piece of thin rubber down were the windscreen meets the trim waiting for a piece of rubber
But today it had the vibration so I was touching different areas to try and find it when I held the handbrake it stopped I thought this was coincidence as the noise is no were nowhere the handbrake

so after reading you post will try it again

·
Registered
211 Posts
John333 said:
Hi

I've had my Seat Arona FR since September 2018. In the last few weeks it has just developed the same rattle and vibration noise from the dash area/centre console.

Took the car into the dealers and it's been diagnosed as the handbrake fault, the dealer asked me to phone Seat UK. When I called I spoke to a manager and was told rattles and vibration noises are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty. They said that vibration and rattle noises are normal on Seat cars.
"Vibration and rattle noises are 'normal' on Seat cars". Wish I'd read that before placing my order. The more I look through this Arona Forum the more I'm wishing I'd gone for a 'proper' Audi/VW.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's always worth looking at these issues from a relative point of view. There are roughly 7000 registered aronas in the UK and here a handful are complaining of a rattle, not 6000 owners. I have no rattles in mine at all and impressed with the build quality (arona replaced a 2010 3 series) plus manufacturers tweak builds as faults are reported so earlier builds have slightly different problems.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes, you are right and thanks for keeping things in perspective. The problems are inevitably reported but the happy majority are deafeningly silent. Even so, I'm anticipating eventual delivery with little enthusiasm and even some trepidation. MM

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the exact same intermittent rattle from the passenger side dash area - the rest of the car has rock solid build quality (69 plate - Sept 2019) - this spoils the driving experience.

I will try the handbrake - sounds implausible, but I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try the plastic cover over the light sensor on the rear view mirror where it meets the screen. I spent months trying to find a rattle in my dash and it was that. Just needed a gentle push and the rate stopped

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am another with this annoying rattle from the passenger side dash area I have yet to find where it comes from Car is six months old Arona FR
First noticed rattle a couple of weeks ago Would be interested and grateful for any advice

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does it happen under certain conditions, ie speeds, gears, revs? If so, try recreating the conditions with a passenger listening for the source of the rattle.
It’s possible to download a file that you can play from a cd or usb stick which generates different frequencies to cause trim noises.
I’ll see if I can find a link for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Digging around I found this, Cupra Rattle - noise generator...
Never new such a thing existed, cannot find out if our Arona’s have one, but it seems to be a VW/SEAT thing..
Thanks for your reply I am still searching still unable to find anything Not entirely sure but rattle seems quieter in early morning than when it is warmer during the day
Taking the bonnet catch off made no difference I thought I was on to something there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your reply I am still searching still unable to find anything Not entirely sure but rattle seems quieter in early morning than when it is warmer during the day
Taking the bonnet catch off made no difference I thought I was on to something there.
Update on the rattle issue 10 days or so ago I removed the plastic dealer number plate surrounds They seemed a little loose
I did not think they could be related to the rattles I was hearing which I believed was coming from the dashboard area on the passenger side
Well I have not heard the rattles since I did this so it seems they were the cause Here is hoping and hope this helps someone

21 - 40 of 40 Posts