Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been talked about before since it is unbelievable that Seat did not fit a rear interior light in the Arona, especially since it has a black ceiling. So at night it's very dark in the rear if you are looking for something.

Anyway, I was at a Seat dealer yesterday and looked inside a Leon which does have a light. So I was wondering how technically complicated would it be to buy a Leon rear light as a spare part and fix it inside an Arona. Presumably this would involve taking off the interior roof liner to cut out for the light and then wiring it up maybe to the front lights. Any suggestions gratefully received.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Agreed, it's big mistake not putting one in. My Arona has beige roof lining and it makes little difference. It's so hard belting the kids into the back without the light when it's dark!

I think it would be too much work cutting the roof lining and running cabling from the front light cluster.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree putting in those LED lights will look pretty poor in a brand new car. I need to speak to a bodyshop that has experience of taking the interior lining out of a car or maybe a Service Manager at a Seat dealership. Failing that I will write to Seat and see what info I can get out of them. There is an opportunity for a Seat workshop (or independent) to offer to do this mod as I am sure other Arona owners would want it done if the price was right.

·
Registered
420 Posts
JAYGEE said:
I agree putting in those LED lights will look pretty poor in a brand new car. I need to speak to a bodyshop that has experience of taking the interior lining out of a car or maybe a Service Manager at a Seat dealership. Failing that I will write to Seat and see what info I can get out of them. There is an opportunity for a Seat workshop (or independent) to offer to do this mod as I am sure other Arona owners would want it done if the price was right.
Good luck with that🙄especially with seat

·
Registered
22 Posts
Cadwest - hi, so how is the interior lamp...? Happy or just an improvement on nothing..?
I'm confused about how to recharge this item....where does the other end of the USB lead
Stretch to...?

Thanks in anticipation,
Boris.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It's still on a boat coming from China Boris, apparently it has a longer delivery time than our cars. To charge it I think you just pull it away from the roof liner as it attaches by magnets, if it does not safely stick to the car roof through the liner it comes with a sticky magnetic patch that attaches to the liner. Once you pull it away from the roof I think it has a micro usb phone charging type connection on the side to charge it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought one of these lights and it arrived today (all the way from China). I ordered it in black as the roof lining is black. You have a choice of two fixings to the roof. One is magnetic which won't work as the roof lining is too thick for the magnetic to stick to the metal roof of the car, and the other is with a self adhesive plate that you secure to the car roof lining. then the light's magnetic plate on the back will stick to this. It doesn't take batteries but there is a small USB connector on the side to recharge. I don't know yet how long the charge will hold but I guess it will depend on how many times we use the light. Whilst I haven't fitted it inside the car yet holding it up and turning it on gives a very good spread of light in the back of the car. A good inexpensive fix to a Seat cock up!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Lewandowsky

I've fitted the light (which was very easy to do, just had to work out the centre line).

Now we'll see how strong the magnetic plate is if it doesn't fall off when going over a bump. Then the next thing will be to see how long the charge lasts.

Sorry the 3rd picture of the light on is blurry, take my word for it, the light is bright.

So it's not the same as a factory fitted (countersunk light) but since Seat don't do it I think this is an acceptable inexpensive alternative and certainly does not look tacky.

IMG_5653.JPG

IMG_5657.JPG

IMG_5659.JPG

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks pretty good to me as well. I suppose Volkswagen /Seat felt saving €2.87 (or some other stupid amount) per unit was worth it.
Anyone have an idea for a light for the glove box?

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's looking quite a good solution.
Thanks for the link, I have ordered one.
In the mean time I am still waiting a build date.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes, thanks for highlighting (!) this, JAYGEE & Cadwest. I've got one on order too. 😊

·
Registered
1 Posts
Worst purchase I've ever made, I didnt view the vehicle prior, big mistake. I've got the 1.5 FR Excellence evo, besides there being no lighting in the rear. There are also no interior roof handles for passengers, this proved difficult for my grandmother in law who's 82 and took two of us one to pull and to push her. I personally thought it was standard in all vehicles, being an owner of a 11 plate polo and 14 plate a1 both from the same manufacturer's but this arona does not, and fun fact.. their not even an additional extra so you cant even purchase them. Also since day one I've had issues with the media/bluetooth and engine management appearing along with an error message appearing on the dash warning me that the 12v battery in not able to charge. Yet the dealership I purchased from wont return my calls and my nearest dealership has inspected the vehicle twice and said theres no issue yet theres issues happening. (They also bumped my car whilst it was in their care) Vehicle is a 19 plate ex demo with 2053 miles on it prior to purchase. I've currently done 2100 miles since purchase and now had to take the issue to the motor ombudsman via Seat Resolver and selling the car.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I previously had an A1 which was great fun to drive but rather cramped inside and not so comfortable as the Arona. The A1 also lacked rear seat roof grab handles but did at least have decent LED rear seat lighting so you could see clearly how rear seat passengers were struggling to get out! I suppose every car is a compromise but sorry to hear of your unfortunate experiences.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.