Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Arona Xcellence Lux Petrol DSG.
I have noticed that when braking or coasting down hill, i hear a sound similar to a rolling hard ball moving forwards and then stopping with a soft 'thud'.
I assumed that there was something on the rear floor and discounted it.
I later checked that the floor was clear. I then assumed that it was something in the spare wheel well, so I emptied it and tried again.
Still the 'rolling ball and thud'.
I have looked underneath for any sign of loose parts but can see none.

My perception is that the sound is to the rear of the car and fairly central. Is there a one way valve somewhere, controlled by a ball/sphere closing something off?
Any ideas, please?

·
Registered
18 Posts
check the ventilation duct to under the carpet. It carries air to the rear of the car and perhaps a foreign object has entered from the aperture under the front seats

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did empty the boot and the spare wheel was retightened.
It's in for warranty work on the SatNav on Tuesday. I have also asked them to check the 'rolling ball'
I'll let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Its hard to tell if a noises comes from behind or front. If not the spare wheel (and the bass systen in it) then I'd vote for battery.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Is it something like a locking wheel nut adapter that's just been put in loose and moving around

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have had the boot emptied, including removing the spare wheel. If I brake medium strength, it will happen but if I brake again, nothing. It's as if something resets, as 2 minutes later it will be back.
I'll find out (optimist!!) on Tuesday. They will also need to look at the new "Front Assist - Sensor Impaired" fault. No amount of sensor cleaning will clear it or turning off and on.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's back from the Seat dealer. The 'rolling ball' was the rear offside brake pad moving back and forth. 'Nothing to worry about' apparently, but they put in a metal shim to 'stop me hearing the noise'.
The radar was faulty because of 'accident damage' but there was no accident and no damage. Before I left the car for repairs, they asked me to walk around the car checking for damage before entering the workshop. All clear! They 'refixed' the Radar sensor as a gesture of goodwill!
The SatNav issue I will report on the other thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great to hear you have the culprit.

Front radar (parking one, not the big one) can sometimes get false signs echoing from front license plate if it doesnt fit flat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.