Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today instrument cluster error contact workshop alarm came on , cleaned sensor ACC disabled alarm no joy booked in next week , apparently I'm not the first ?? anyone heard of this fault

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Williecarona said:
today instrument cluster error contact workshop alarm came on , cleaned sensor ACC disabled alarm no joy booked in next week , apparently I'm not the first ?? anyone heard of this fault
That's me just back from dealer ,
new instrument cluster fitted , updated all software and washed and cleaned ! Nice one seat Aberdeen

·
Registered
1 Posts
Williecarona said:
I have the same intermittent problem in my Arona. This error message appeared on the dashboard: "Instrument cluster error, contact workshop".
And at the same time the Cruise control could not be activated anymore.
And at the same time the turn signal indicator also showed a problem symptom, The turn signal lamp was working but it did not make any clicking sound anymore.
Then I several times switched off the engine and restarted the engine, but the above mentioned 3 problems remained the same.
One day later the above mentioned problems disappeared.
A few days later the above mentioned 3 problems appeared again, and one day later they disappeared.
The dealer found several of these instrument errors logged on the service computer, and he replaced the instrument cluster under warranty.
A few days later the above mentioned 3 problems appeared again. So this intermittent apperaring fault is still not fixed.
I contacted the dealer again to get an appointment.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an Arona SE Tech, after 400 miles (in 60 days) no sound on radio, all internal lights failed, no stop start. Took it to the local dealer, who diagnosed the Body Control Module (controls a number of functions) was faulty. They replaced the unit and all is well. Bought car new from Newcastle but local SEAT dealer in Sunderland which is far more convenient fixed the car under warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Arona FR Sport. New car now 3 Months old.

All interior lighting including ambient & heated seats stopped working, as above BCM diagnosed as faulty, took dealer a Month to get new one. All faults appear to be fixed after replacement, not a good start to my first foray into owning a Seat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
seatk7 said:
Williecarona said:
I have the same intermittent problem in my Arona. This error message appeared on the dashboard: "Instrument cluster error, contact workshop".
And at the same time the Cruise control could not be activated anymore.
And at the same time the turn signal indicator also showed a problem symptom, The turn signal lamp was working but it did not make any clicking sound anymore.
Then I several times switched off the engine and restarted the engine, but the above mentioned 3 problems remained the same.
One day later the above mentioned problems disappeared.
A few days later the above mentioned 3 problems appeared again, and one day later they disappeared.
The dealer found several of these instrument errors logged on the service computer, and he replaced the instrument cluster under warranty.
A few days later the above mentioned 3 problems appeared again. So this intermittent apperaring fault is still not fixed.
I contacted the dealer again to get an appointment.
Hello there, so did they just replace the cluster? I have the exact same problem in my ibiza! 10/2017 51,000km

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello there, so did they just replace the cluster? I have the exact same problem in my ibiza! 10/2017 51,000km
I also have an Ibiza 2017/67 with the same instrument cluster workshop error. Only done 26,000 miles since new and have the same issue, i.e. no clicking sound on the indicators. Took it to my local independent mechanic and he has said he cannot fix and it needs to go to a Seat main dealer.

Not happy at all as from trawling the internet, I can see many people have the same issue with the VAG vehicles and it appears that it will need a new instrument cluster. Everything is working though and I cannot see why VAG have not seen this a common fault and issued a recall?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have an Ibiza 2017/67 with the same instrument cluster workshop error. Only done 26,000 miles since new and have the same issue, i.e. no clicking sound on the indicators. Took it to my local independent mechanic and he has said he cannot fix and it needs to go to a Seat main dealer.

Not happy at all as from trawling the internet, I can see many people have the same issue with the VAG vehicles and it appears that it will need a new instrument cluster. Everything is working though and I cannot see why VAG have not seen this a common fault and issued a recall?
Hi I have the same issue (Ibiza 2018, 30,000 km) , did you find the rootcause?
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have the same issue (Ibiza 2018, 30,000 km) , did you find the rootcause?
Thanks
I haven't taken it to the Seat dealer as yet, with the nearest one being 45 mins away from where I live. My local mechanic from the independent garage I use is 100% confident it will need a new instrument cluster. From looking online at other owners who have had the same issue, it can be anything from £500 to £1,000, depending on the dealer.

Instrument clusters should not be failing so soon into the life of a vehicle. I am certain from reading online at other owners experiences that VAG should have issued a recall. I'm not happy at all. Is your Ibiza still under warranty? Good luck, let me know how you get on please

·
Registered
2 Posts
No my Ibiza not under warranty , Next week I will go to the local dealer here (I have another issue with the gear box , known issue so they will not charge me ).
It's very depressing because few days a go I was there for yearly inspection...

·
Registered
3 Posts
No my Ibiza not under warranty , Next week I will go to the local dealer here (I have another issue with the gear box , known issue so they will not charge me ).
It's very depressing because few days a go I was there for yearly inspection...
Good luck, I hope they can fix it for you for no charge as a goodwill gesture with your warranty not long having expired I guess. Other than this issue, I have been really happy with my Ibiza. I have owned it since July 2019.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts