Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why does the sat Navajo feel the need to randomly take you off at motorway and a road junctions and across the roundabout and back onto the road you were already on?
I've fallen for the cars cunning trick once and now on my guard. On a trip from the midlands to the south it tried it 5 times and I've even tried different route types, red and blue both so it. Also it really routes for traffic only to send you straight into worst traffic. If it hadn't been fitted as standard I really wouldn't want to pay extra for it.
Anyone else experience it's bizarre routing behaviour

·
Registered
68 Posts
Morning Dolphin. Presume you meant worse traffic. Besides that typo the bit about roundabouts is also strange as that is what it is meant to do, keep you on the same route/ road. Never had the traffic issue but it is better if folk and I'm sure you do this, use it as a walking stick not a wheel chair.

I agree it is not the best and like other systems I've had in the past, it helps to map read a bit before travel, or know your preferred route and ignore daft routes that navajo urges you to take. I think it may try to assume the roads you want to use are all the class you opt for part of the journey and needs to be tutored and taught what you really want.

In get this on my two day return to Bilbao as part of our month's holiday , where, to stay in the Pyrenees, I need an eccentric mix of road classes, B road to motorway, which confuses the route generator. By seemingly avoiding motorways as a life choice, it tries to keep me on A and B roads all the way to Bilbao. Ignore it enough and it resets itself, it seems.

Bit of a curate's egg, for me. Has been a life saver in alien city centres and also a liability , when you just have to be guided by your own knowledge or prior map reading. Free Seat updates to come, I believe .. so a bargain..?and my wife's Iphone, whose route has exceeded navajo's nouse. Go by that , too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had routing off a dual carriageway, over the roundabout then back on the dual carriageway. Also, a grey horizontal bar appears near the top of the screen. It doesn't cover the words near the top but there is no map in that section.

·
Registered
156 Posts
rpulham said:
I had routing off a dual carriageway, over the roundabout then back on the dual carriageway. Also, a grey horizontal bar appears near the top of the screen. It doesn't cover the words near the top but there is no map in that section.
Change to 2d view or change the map scale to loose the blue/ grey bar at the top of the screen my dealer said it was supposed to be the horizon.

·
Registered
355 Posts
YES. I had this twice on holiday, going down to Devon. Not been to that part of Devon before. and we were close only 7miles from the campsite, so the first time thought oh must be across country, then it did it again 2 miles on.
I nearly didn't take the next junction which 3rd time it was correct.
on the Way back it routed my off the main road saying Traffic ahead, but seemed to get that correct. as ended up in front of a car that had cut me up and zoomed past earlier. So maybe sometimes it does work.
how ever I much prefer my old TomTom, maps are better, the routing is better, and the tom tom zooms in to show the junctions and lane you need to be in.
I am off to Germany in September, So will take the Tom Tom as a backup. as not sure I can trust it yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi All,
Just encounted the same problem of the Sat Nav constantly telling me to turn left all the time Miles from my intended turn off with no apparent reason due to traffic etc by taking me off the main A road to put back on the same road via the next roundabout or then putting back on at the next junction. I had to stop using the guideance although the Map showed the intended route with no detours and a few times it actullay put me into heavy traffic.
The map actually saved me as I followed the map by zooming in and ignored the voice.
I arrived 30 mins after I could of and then on the return journey it did the same thing.
I turned off the 'Dynamic Routing' and '3 routes' options but it continued to do so, it wasnt finding a faster route because the times changed to plus 30 mins or so.
Is there something wrong with settings would anyone know

By the way it was also giving me random instrutions to turn right when there were no Right turns to do so and one time I was on a Major A Road Dual Carriageway with a central reservation for a good few miles.
Has anyone had a fix for this?

Many thanks,

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have found in the settings a function for 'Economical and Fast' route option Im hoping that has answered my own query as I have changed it to 'fast'and see it puts a stop to it , although the route on the Map does not point to coming off and travelling on more economical slower lanes and clearly shows the intended route as the most direct A roads to the destination.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep, have mentioned this as well in my first post in ages. Common sense 1- SuzySatnav 0. Good to use as a walking stick not crutch! She has issues, that's for sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine was in today for another issue Sanchez,
Added this on the job sheet and they told me they did a 'reset and resync' to the Navigator.
Fingers crossed it now knows which way its facing and 'its lefts from its rights'
Hope that has sorted it.

ps... I wish they could change that horrible voice with the American Irish accent. (no disrespect to our cousins)

Hopefully one day thats 'Pass-able' [possible] !
and it can begin to pronounce some common English names.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi All,

Has anyone had any success in getting the Sat nav to work as it should?

I know quite a few people have reported strange goings on with theirs.

I dont actially use the sat nav more than about 2 or 3 times a month but I cant remember is working correctly once.

I took it back to the dealer and asked were there any updates available and explained the problems . They said they would look into it.
When I returned they told me 'they had reset the system to how it should be' ? ' and that everything should be fine now. Which was a total fob off and a waste of a morning.
Nothing in the set up had changed and it was exactly the same thenext time I used it.

Im still being containly being told to take a left at every motorway junction or major A road only to be brought back on the same road via the roundabout on the junction whilst the route still clearly shows straight ahead on the map. One time it put about 45 mins on an hour and 15 min journey.
I started to wonder if it was picking up old traffic messages but its at every junction.
I live in a semi rural area but it prefers single track lanes which is a nightmare especially in the dark if something is travelling the other way.
On country lanes its consantly telling me to turn left or next right when its clearly just a bend in the road which I fell for the first 6 times and then immediatley tells to you go left, left and left to reoute you which takes you miles off track and has totally stressed me out many a time.
Other times it has told me take next right when there is a central reservation in the road?

Anyone suffering the same problem?

Thanks in advance for any replies

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've yet to find a "Factory fitted" Sat Nav that's any good (BMW, FORD, JAGUAR). The problem isn't unique to SEAT.

I just use Google Maps. Not failed me yet. Sorry, I know that doesn't help with the ARONA Sat Nav issues but it is a solution :p

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just done a round trip to Hungary and back and used the car's sat nav. I have to say, other than it not knowing about a couple of one way streets in Nuremberg and a new stretch of motorway in Hungary it was very good.
We had Google maps running as a backup on my wife's phone so when the sat nav rerouted us off the motorway we confirmed with Google that there was a legitimate reason and it was valid every time.
Might be luck but we covered about 2600 miles so we found we could trust it.
NB. We always select the red option which I believe is the fastest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts