Seat Arona Forum banner

Sat Nav

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Dunkelmann 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me who provides the sat nav software and maps please?

How are they updated?
Is there an OEM type alternative map source :twisted: ?

Thanks.

#2 ·
They're are provided by here navigation, slightly different to the Maps vw use. On there site there is an option to select your car and it will show you what updates are available. If I remember correctly most of these maps are updated 6 monthly and are usually released in May and November. Depending if yours is built before or after May will dictate it's map version. Below should be the link. I haven't updated through them yet so I'm not sure if any costs involved.
https://here.navigation.com/europe/?gclid=CjwKCAjw7tfVBRB0EiwAiSYGM0Sez3XpJ5JtvwE4W6C_qMEa62UFvCUNF3Dhv-LIkpjQkJFSD5X_-BoCEB4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

#3 ·
I have just had a look at the link quoted here, and the Arona isn't even mentioned yet!

However I also own an Ateca which uses the same system, and if I check out the available updates, I am informed that: "Do not rewrite on the original SD card if you are not absolutely sure that you have the MapCare service!" and that "Rewriting the SD card without hiring the MapCare service may cause data loss!"

That was previously the problem, as the MapCare service was not available here in the UK, and I am not sure if that matter has been resolved yet.

Does anyone else have any more information on this subject please?

#4 ·
As you say its because the UK does not have the map care package
That was the problem with the Leon various people tried and failed to update via copying the SD card
The only way it could be done was by a dealer and paying a the price

#6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I've always used a separate Sat Nav device, my first being TomTom on a Hewlett Packard iPAQ in 2003. I still used that up until last year when I looked at TomTom PNAs and the TomTom app on my Android tablet. I decided that TomTom had dumbed down the software and looked at alternatives.

I eventually bought a GARMIN DriveSmart 61 LMT-D 6.95" Sat Nav - Full Europe Maps. I am very pleased with it, so it will be interesting to see how it compares to the Here SEAT built-in one. (Note that Here also do an Android navigation app, HERE WeGo - Offline Maps & GPS https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps&hl=en_GB.)

I get free map and software updates with the Garmin. I also get live traffic. How well does the Here SEAT built in software do with live traffic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.