Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with the built in navigation system losing the cars position and which direction it is traveling? I was 125 miles from home yesterday in Norfolk so needed to use navigation to get home. My default navigation is Google maps so before I got in my 2022 Arona FR Sport I set the route but as soon as it connected to the car it then showed my location in a different area and then showed the car moving in the wrong direction when I started driving. I disconnected my phone to use the built in satellite navigation system but found it was the built in system that was the problem my phone then showed the correct position again so I connected it back to the car and it showed the same position that the built in system showed. I disconnected my phone again turned the car off and on did a hard reboot of the infotainment system but it still hadn’t a clue where I was so had to use Google maps on my phone without connecting it to the car. This has happened a few times since collecting the car less than 3 weeks ago so pulled into a lay-by and took a picture of my iPad that had Google maps running above the infotainment system as it showed the correct position. It seems to be very random when it happens so wanted proof to show the dealer so they don’t keep the car for a day to say nothing is wrong.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
576 Posts
What car is this ? Are new aronas screens now on top of the dash ?
The bottom screen is showing a lack of signal and a battery logo ! Does it think it's still connected to a phone maybe...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What car is this ? Are new aronas screens now on top of the dash ?
The bottom screen is showing a lack of signal and a battery logo ! Does it think it's still connected to a phone maybe...
The top screen is my iPad. I’m not sure if the infotainment system thinks my phone is still connected? I had turned the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi off before starting the car so definitely wasn’t connected but we’ll spotted. I hope what ever the problem is gets fixed soon as I know my partner who I bought the car for won’t drive it if it is playing up as she will need to be able to connect her phone for calls and Google maps 🤞

·
Super Moderator
576 Posts
I've noticed my '19 Lux is proper mardy with Waze... Unless I restart Waze from the phone after I stop the car, it presents a "buffered" screen... The app appears to work, but the location never changes.
I'm guessing seat cheaped out on their software....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've noticed my '19 Lux is proper mardy with Waze... Unless I restart Waze from the phone after I stop the car, it presents a "buffered" screen... The app appears to work, but the location never changes.
I'm guessing seat cheaped out on their software....
The strange part of this is I don’t get the same problem using my phone with my Cupra Formentor that also uses the MIB3 infotainment system and also that when I had turned my phone of and also the car and rebooted the infotainment system it still couldn’t find my position even while the phone still turned off.

·
Registered
619 Posts
There was a software version for MIB3 infotainment that had navigation bugs, (there have been lots of software faults with MIB3)

Go into the car, information, about to find the screen which displays the version of software, and which version of navigation you have. I have read elsewhere (another forum in VW group, but specifically Arona) that there is technical bulletin, and the dealer will update to latest version if you ask. But they don’t seem to offer the firmware and software upgrade unless you describe problem as a fault requiring fixing under warranty. Possibly because dealerships don’t want to be swamped with customers getting faulty software updated.

A technical bulletin is a fix for a known fault, but is not safety critical, or a recall, so wont be done unless you report the fault and ask them to fix it. But if you say you know there is a technical bulletin on the MIB3 software and want it done, the dealership can’t really fob you off.

Possibly @IanH 72 is running the later software without the faults / bugs

Reactions: Sue47

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There was a software version for MIB3 infotainment that had navigation bugs, (there have been lots of software faults with MIB3)

Go into the car, information, about to find the screen which displays the version of software, and which version of navigation you have. I have read elsewhere (another forum in VW group, but specifically Arona) that there is technical bulletin, and the dealer will update to latest version if you ask. But they don’t seem to offer the firmware and software upgrade unless you describe problem as a fault requiring fixing under warranty. Possibly because dealerships don’t want to be swamped with customers getting faulty software updated.

A technical bulletin is a fix for a known fault, but is not safety critical, or a recall, so wont be done unless you report the fault and ask them to fix it. But if you say you know there is a technical bulletin on the MIB3 software and want it done, the dealership can’t really fob you off.

Possibly @IanH 72 is running the later software without the faults / bugs
I have been told on another forum by East Yorkshire Retrofits that I’m running the latest software already.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 SEAT Arona Xperience Lux 1.0 DSG - Dark Camouflage with white roof
7 Posts
This happened to me once around April/May '22 time. The traffic sign speed notification was all over the place, then I noticed I was driving across fields on the map and nowhere near where I was. I stopped and got out of the car at my destination and returned to the car 10 minutes later. When I turned on the ignition the map had me in the correct place and the traffic sign speed notifications were fine. I concluded it was either a hardware/software fault with the car and turning it off and back on again had fixed it, or the GPS/satellite had had a funny half hour.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone had any issues with the built in navigation system losing the cars position and which direction it is traveling? I was 125 miles from home yesterday in Norfolk so needed to use navigation to get home. My default navigation is Google maps so before I got in my 2022 Arona FR Sport I set the route but as soon as it connected to the car it then showed my location in a different area and then showed the car moving in the wrong direction when I started driving. I disconnected my phone to use the built in satellite navigation system but found it was the built in system that was the problem my phone then showed the correct position again so I connected it back to the car and it showed the same position that the built in system showed. I disconnected my phone again turned the car off and on did a hard reboot of the infotainment system but it still hadn’t a clue where I was so had to use Google maps on my phone without connecting it to the car. This has happened a few times since collecting the car less than 3 weeks ago so pulled into a lay-by and took a picture of my iPad that had Google maps running above the infotainment system as it showed the correct position. It seems to be very random when it happens so wanted proof to show the dealer so they don’t keep the car for a day to say nothing is wrong.
Just to update, the master technician at JCB Seat in Ashford sent a report to Seat and it was agreed the the OCU (Online Control Unit) needed to be replaced. This was done on Thursday and since then the car has been faultless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts