Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my 68 reg Arona could do with a map update. I've seen that you can buy a new V16 card from Amazon for £35 (Navigation AS). Does anyone have experience of these - is it just a case of swapping the cards over? Or is there a foolproof DIY way of doing this without paying £35? I know there have been many posts talking about the procedures but I'm getting lost in the multiple threads about this.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi, just tried to copy the new data (update 1910) as per the instructions from @Lampie . The disk is 60mb bigger than the files in the download but it won't copy over. NB I'm doing this on a MacBook. The Mac gives 'error code 100007'. Then it gives me to option to resume the copy, but says that 395Mb more space is needed.
I copied the backed up data onto the card again with no problems. Any ideas would be welcomed!

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
And you deleted everything at the start ?

Not sure how apple deals with fat32, always been a pc man ! But there should be enough space.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
And you deleted everything at the start ?

Not sure how apple deals with fat32, always been a pc man ! But there should be enough space.
Oh yes, all deleted. It looks like 6550 files get copied out of 6569. So nearly there! I'll have another go sometime after researching the error code. At least the backup was restored ok and works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I seem to recall that there is a problem using an Apple Mac device in as much as it leaves some unwanted files on the sd card. I cant help much further but a google search may do so.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts