Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Has anyone else had an issue with the SatNav losing its GPS signal?

Happened three times in last month. No car simbol and the screen freezes. Corrects itself after parking and locking after about 15 mins.

Had similar issues with my Fiat 124 Spider but got the re-boot knowledge from its forum. i.e. - hold down mute, Nav and back buttons for 10 sec.

Any suggestions????

Keith
Arona FR Sport 1.0 Midnight Black over Eclipse Orange

·
Registered
299 Posts
If your in an area that's built up, like middle of Birmingham, where there are slot if tall buildings it can cause issues for the gps as it can't get a fix correctly. I believe the reboot is the same for the seat system. If not a trip to the dealers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

I don't think that high buildings are the issue. The signal is lost, the screen freezes and it stays like that for as long as the car is running! It happened in rural areas for me.

Keith

·
Registered
68 Posts
Had a similar issues in my VW caddy, losing GPS for no reason on open roads and only finding signal after ignition switch on and off, the radio antenna is in the left hand door mirror and the GPS antenna is in the right. Had the GPS antenna replaced by dealer and factory software re-built, since the been ok

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have lost my position arrow and the map freezes a couple of times on longer journeys over the last couple of weeks. However if I set a destination it wakes the system up and all is OK. Never happened whilst guidance is in operation!

Any thoughts

Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts