Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My filler cap hinge, or rather the thin bit of plastic that acts as a hinge, has split in one side.
Anybody else got the same problem?
Off to the dealers next week for warranty replacement.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe easier to buy this - a few pounds - but less hassle

eBay item number:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

eBay item number:

eBay item number:

eBay item number:
I realise they are cheap as chips, but it is VW group wide component, they sell in masses on eBay because the original part is of crap quality, if we all accept this in products we buy from VW group nothing will improve.
Would you say the same about a gearbox if it was £50. No, you wouldn’t.
The car is going in for another trim related defect anyway, the chrome and rubber door seal on the rear offside door has become detached, caused by the friction of the window glass lifting it up, another bit of poor design as it isn’t clipped properly to the door.
I have had 30 years building motor vehicles and can assure you that quality is driven down by the bean counters, not engineers. The bottom line wins every time.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Then go for it but be prepared for a lot of knock backs and frustration. You will, almost certainly, meet with bureaucratic hurdles and 'not this department' comments. However wrong it seems, it is sometimes best to let it pass by. It may be wrong but that's corporate 2021 for you. As I used to say as my kids were growing up, "Life's Unfair'. Get used to it!".

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never let anything “pass”, the car is under warranty, it will be fixed. I do not suffer fools gladly, and will not shrink from pointing anyones shortcomings to them in strident tones in a crowded showroom.
It’s their job to serve the customer, who is always right…

1 - 10 of 10 Posts