Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Had my Arona SE for three month so a moan and update. Due to size limitations the only two small SUV choice in December were the Renault Capture and the Arona so went for the Arona .But the Capture could have 1ltr or 1.4 engine
Due to Seats one size fits all policy I was limited Really wanted the 115 Engine But:
This was only available on the DSG " Not sure about automatics "
At 71 Thought the FR was to Sporty and hard suspension plus wife did like the Sports Seats in my Leon
Excellence " Could not live with the white dash
Excellence Lux " thought it was expensive " and may have not got one in time !!"
So the 95 engine it was.
So its ok when only two people in but struggles at four also you seem to be changing gear constantly 4-5 and you have to keep revs up even if it seem to growl so would not recommend family of four
Fuel Economy Average 41 mpg long term " lot of short runs "
Ride quality excellent
Inside space and boot more than adequate
Hand brake can be a issue its all or nothing
Info system and Nav is the best for small car of its class
If it had been like the rest of the VAG group I would have had the options of115 Engine Plus folding mirrors
But I will give it 12 month as really do like it :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Brian566 said:
Excellence " Could not live with the white dash
Excellence Lux " thought it was expensive " and may have not got one in time !!"
So the 95 engine it was.
Brian, I agree with your second point regarding the Lux, insofar as I wasn't willing to pay for things I didn't want just to get a rear camera.

However I think I would have made a serious mistake, in choosing a weak engine, which one uses all the time, in favour of a dash one could cover up or get used to or be unaware of. Function wins over form for me.

I am fine with the dash, it is easily forgettable and love the 1.0 engine. I hope others think about both our experiences when considering our models.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well said " And wise After the event "
Luckily the car is used by only two people 98% of the time so its OK I just wanted t make anybody who had a family or luggage .
But my main gripe was having no options choice like the rest of Europe

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seat have you by the short and curly's, to have a rear view camera (Lux) you have to have all the other things you might not want or use.
The one good thing is you don't have to pay extra for your choice of paint colour, that's in the price.
The one thing my Mrs don't like is the black roof lining, she says it makes her feel closed in,
It's a shame Seat don't allow you to spec a car (SEL) then add your own extras you want like you can with the majority of car manufacturers like VW?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts