Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

first message.

I have owned my Arona for 8 months and just recently the car sometimes doesn’t start on the start stop button, it cranks over but just doesn’t kick in. Then we get oil sensor message come up once we turn off ignition and restart most times it does restart never had a time where it hasn’t started but we do get the message below often. We have had issues with the EML too which comes on if we don’t do long journeys reported to Seat who took her in and cleared the exhaust? Not happened since but is software issue? Has anyone experienced the same message below what should I do car is running ok but does sometimes have a start issue
Odometer Speedometer Vehicle Car Plant

Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Speedometer Gauge

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Gauge

·
Registered
629 Posts
Suggest you get the battery tested, if it is not holding charge fully then all sorts of things will start to show weird random error messages. Long periods of little use during lockdowns seems to have shorted life of some batteries.

My hunch with start-stop error and what looks like a cruise control or radar calibration error (I forget which error that lower left symbol means) suggests the battery is lower than ideal voltage.

If I am correct, changing the battery might fix the errors (although a new good quality start-stop rated battery is good part of £200), shop around bigger fast fit centres and Halfords etc will do them.

So get the battery cells voltage checked first, places that sell and fit car batteries usually have a test unit so can check it in seconds. If not the battery then going to have to get other things fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts