Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just purched my arona se technology'.after spending a lot of time i discovered that i could include an alarm system( ( which is not included in this models literature ) cheers !!

·
Registered
68 Posts
A CanBus alarm cat 2 to cat1 can be reto fitted by dealer. However you may get a better price for auto electric dealer.
I've already ordered up a Tracker recovery system for mine. I was a thatcham accredited installer many years ago but been out the game for a while so will be having a mate install.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Marthakn0123 said:
just purched my arona se technology'.after spending a lot of time i discovered that i could include an alarm system( ( which is not included in this models literature ) cheers !!
Hi
Did the dealer install after you bought it or factory fitted any info or cost
[/
b]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Seat alarm upgrade, part number top right. Should be able to get price from your dealerCA52CAC7-BAC4-4C08-AD8E-70E5042F7AD5.jpeg

·
Registered
68 Posts
My personal opinion is this Seat alarm is a not a high quality unit, I'd have a unit like the sigma unit below, its Thatcham rated so if you have install by a qualified auto electrician they should provide a certificate of installation, which you could submit to your insurance company as some do offer a discount if installed. I use to install a full CAT 1 system for £350 with certificate.
EF3E38DC-64F5-45C6-855F-78BD28DBDCB2.jpeg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Seat offer a factory fitted alarm as a £160 option on the lower spec trims. If you speak to your dealer they can add it onto your order and it shouldn't effect how long it takes for your car to arrive as you've only just put in your order.

All the factory options are available in the "Arona Price List" in the brochures section of Seat's website

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my dealer arranged an alarmsystem and a spare wheel (and a jack ) as my build has not started yet.no problem. arona se technology.all black

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine was already built so it was to late took delivery Monday I never thought a new car would have no Alarm fitted as assumed all models were same as Leon SE
Going to call at dealers to look at having one fitted
Only thing is it must work from key fob and don't want the sensor looking like dogs ears on the pillar trim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi Brian, a CanBus alarm fitted by dealer will take its arm and disarm signals from the central door locking loom so your existing key fob will be used no extra need. If you can specify a microwave interior sensor this can be fitted under the Center console instead of ultrasonics normally fitted to the a pillars, it's also more reliable than the dated ultrasonic technology.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thank for that
looking at the one in the Seat accessory brochure it likes like ultra sonic

Incidentally were are yours are they like the Leon part of the Interior light assembly

·
Registered
68 Posts
Brian566 said:
Thank for that
looking at the one in the Seat accessory brochure it likes like ultra sonic

Incidentally were are yours are they like the Leon part of the Interior light assembly
To be honest Brian, I don't know until I take delivery next week, I'm assuming as it's factory fit it will be in the overhead light console or something like that. Typical VW.
Yes the Seat alarm in brochure is Ultrasonics, but would be easy to upgrade to Microwave.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Marthakn0123 said:
my dealer arranged an alarmsystem and a spare wheel (and a jack ) as my build has not started yet.no problem. arona se technology.all black
Be very interested to see your factory fitted alarm when it comes
As the FR and Excellence have a larger interior light to accommodate the sensor's
Just been to dealers to check on the one shown in the Brochure and the part number is correct for the Arona but has no idea how to fit it yet contacting another dealer But I think the two sensors will have to be on the A pillars

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ok Brian, I'm pick mine up from dealer next Thursday 29th, will be posting picks👍
Also just to add, the ultrasonics don't have to be fitted in the front, they work just as well fitted in the rear. I was a thatcham approved car security installer and have fitted a few to the rear quarter panels. Speak with your dealer if the auto electrician they use is worth his salt he should be able to do this no problem.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ian.s said:
Ok Brian, I'm pick mine up from dealer next Thursday 29th, will be posting picks👍
Also just to add, the ultrasonics don't have to be fitted in the front, they work just as well fitted in the rear. I was a thatcham approved car security installer and have fitted a few to the rear quarter panels. Speak with your dealer if the auto electrician they use is worth his salt he should be able to do this no problem.
Thanks for all info I will wait to see yours "Bought a Crook Lock till I decide what to do "

·
Registered
68 Posts
As promised Brian here's the factory fit Ultrasonics in my Xcellence lux.
71E1EE87-B78E-4FEE-92B2-3A34A34C3DF8.jpeg

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ian.s said:
As promised Brian here's the factory fit Ultrasonics in my Xcellence lux.
71E1EE87-B78E-4FEE-92B2-3A34A34C3DF8.jpeg
Thanks for that Ian

looks great enjoy it they say hindsight is a good thing but I now wish I had gone for the FR or Excellence
I will interesting to see how Marthakn0123 can have his factory fitted for £160 its a completely different headlining and light

·
Registered
13 Posts
Would anyone happen to know if the key fob is supposed to come with a separate alarm button? I have the optional security pack, but mine came with the regular key fob. The manual shows them both, but only explains the functions of the buttons.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts