Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys !
New here, I got the Arona 1.0 115 DSG for a month now couldn't be more pleased
I am now looking for a bike rack for the Arona, I got the Saris 2 Bones and I couldn't find
in the saris website if it fits the Arona so I am looking for a new bike rack
does anyone have any insights on that?

Thanks !

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't think a boot mounted rack will fit due to the spoiler so your other options are roof rack or tow bar.

Having used a roof rack for a long time now I'm sick of it so I've ordered my Arona with a tow ball.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here in Israel you can't order it with tow ball and to add one is a serious headache
and I hate to think a bout the idea of a roof rack cause in my opinion it makes the car look bad and it's something you need to put out with 95% of the time for using it only 5% of the time

·
Registered
7 Posts
LiranAm said:
here in Israel you can't order it with tow ball and to add one is a serious headache
and I hate to think a bout the idea of a roof rack cause in my opinion it makes the car look bad and it's something you need to put out with 95% of the time for using it only 5% of the time
The fact remains that you can't use a boot mounted rack on Arona because of the plastic spoiler.
Ash is right.

Also, a boot mounted rack will damage the paint sooner or later...

I am putting a tow ball myself!
A bit more expensive, but safer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
LiranAm said:
Unfortunately your options are limited then, you could get something like this https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-the-power-of-suction-cups-sea-suckers-mini-bomber-bike-rack.html but it is expensive and might be hard to get in your country.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aroza said:
LiranAm said:
The fact remains that you can't use a boot mounted rack on Arona because of the plastic spoiler.
Ash is right.

can you link me to the one you are planing to install please ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ash said:
LiranAm said:
Unfortunately your options are limited then, you could get something like this https://m.pinkbike.com/news/review-the-power-of-suction-cups-sea-suckers-mini-bomber-bike-rack.html but it is expensive and might be hard to get in your country.
looks good are you using it? I am a bit worried that the "wavey" Arona's roof will be an issue

·
Registered
71 Posts
LiranAm said:
looks good are you using it? I am a bit worried that the "wavey" Arona's roof will be an issue
I'm not using it no, I haven't got my Arona yet and forgot about the ridges in the roof so that probably wouldn't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
LiranAm said:
Aroza said:
LiranAm said:
Ash is right.

can you link me to the one you are planing to install please ?
Hanging mounting. The cheaper solution:
https://www.thule.com/en/gr/buyers-guide?c=bike+carriers&q=vGWYKKG8A

Platform mounting. Safer but more expensive:
https://www.thule.com/en/gr/buyers-guide?c=bike+carriers&q=77C8qMG8A

Of course there are other brands as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Tow bar was around £500 and I added it when I ordered the car so I'm not sure if it was fitted at the factory or if the dealership will be fitting it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ash said:
Tow bar was around £500 and I added it when I ordered the car so I'm not sure if it was fitted at the factory or if the dealership will be fitting it.
Thanks for the reply!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.