Seat Arona Forum banner

Seat Arona Discounts

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Cyberbob 
#1 ·
I am going to look at a new Seat Arona Xcellence Lux later this week with a view of purchasing - if the price is right!
I just wondered if anyone has any advice on negotiating a good discount? What sort of discount should I expect & any tips?
Thanks

#2 ·
Look at Carwow, What Car who both have "discounting" websites though don't necessarily buy from there.
Look ar other makers of similar car types - go and test drive them too both for your own satisfaction (to be sure Arona is really what you want) and to be able to bargain. Pretty much all of the makor manufacturers ahve a small SUV offering - some are far more ugly than others :D
Don't sign up to buy on the same day you do the test drive, walk away and have a little think.
It is very much a buyer's market at the moment, use that to your advantage.

#3 ·
Discounts go up and down, although towards the end of a Quarter (eg mid March) is a good time. Some dealers will need extra sales to reach Quarterly sales targets

There have been discounts of £1000-1500 plus extra £500-750 in the past, but that before the 0% came out (clearly if you are saving £2k in interest, will not get it off the price as well)

If you don't have a car to sell, brokers can sometimes get good deals, but again, they come and go, depending on what manufacturers want to shift.

Oddly the current 0% means not worth looking at nearly new unless you are getting about £4-5k off (especially if used interest rate adds £2k to cost in interest charges). Also remember the spec was revised last summer, some don't have the leather, or the digital dashboard

Quarterly sales targets create oddities, I once haggled for £4000 off a car, didn't get it as they said can't go that low, then following week, just into next month had identical car for sale pre registered on 31st for £5000 off. Salesman highly embarrassed when I pointed out they could have made extra £1000 if they had sold it to me week before, but as they wouldn't sell to me before, on principle I'm not going to buy it now. (It was a BMW dealer).

#4 ·
After my test drive I got some quotes from car wow. They offered some good deals but were all quite far away so I asked the salesman at my local branch where I had my test drive if they'd match the cheapest one and they said yes so it's definitely worth checking it out :)

#5 ·
Thank you all for your comments & suggestions!
Bethcs - I have actually got some Carwow quotes & the lowest one is a fair distance away. I am test driving at a local dealer & if I decide to buy, I will see if they will match the lowest or if not, I will probably order it from the other dealer who gave a better price! We will see!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.