Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys !

Have just ordered my new Seat Arona xcellence lux and have a question

It seems there have been a few changes to this model when reading peoples reviews and was just wondering if so what these are? Also is there a white dashboard or have they now changed this to black ?

Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
We have the Xcellence Lux the original spec was alcantara leatherette seats and wrapped dash, however SEAT had trouble sourcing the alcantara so when we ordered in June 2018 it was titan cloth heated seats and beats audio instead, the published spec hadn't changed but we were told this by the dealer. When it come to build date the spec had changed to micro suede seats, not heated, no beats audio but digital cockpit. The dealer confirmed that's what we should get.

What we actually got 5 months later in mid November was titan cloth heated seats, beats audio, digital cockpit and white dash which as far as I'm aware has never actually been a spec. The specs are on the price list that can be downloaded from the SEAT website, not that SEAT take any notice of specs it appears they build the cars with whatever that have at hand at the time. The spec as far as I know has always included folding mirrors on the Xcellence Lux and if your lucky, like us, you may get them.

That said it's a nice car and the white dash goes well with our car being Nevada White and Black roof
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts
Ive got an Xcellence Lux with the original Alcantara seats and covered dash.
I was offered the car with the cloth seats and white dash etc, but had the Option to wait and have the Original Spec.
Glad I did, think this interior looks so much better. but that's my opinion.
would like to have the Digital Dash retro fitted at a later date. as that would really improve it.
Wont be too long before someone starts to offer this as a retro fit.
Miss the heated seats, but a few guys on here have had this retro fitted and they say it works great.
Think SEAT missed a trick with not offering the heated seats on the LUX. and not sure this "buy as is" model without having options is that not as as great as SEAT wanted.
In Germany and other countries its still all done as Optional extras, and in the UK we do all love a good option to add in LOL. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
GazzaB said:
Ive got an Xcellence Lux with the original Alcantara seats and covered dash.
I was offered the car with the cloth seats and white dash etc, but had the Option to wait and have the Original Spec.
Glad I did, think this interior looks so much better. but that's my opinion.
would like to have the Digital Dash retro fitted at a later date. as that would really improve it.
Wont be too long before someone starts to offer this as a retro fit.
Miss the heated seats, but a few guys on here have had this retro fitted and they say it works great.
Think SEAT missed a trick with not offering the heated seats on the LUX. and not sure this "buy as is" model without having options is that not as as great as SEAT wanted.
In Germany and other countries its still all done as Optional extras, and in the UK we do all love a good option to add in LOL. :)
Yes I fail to understand why the UK is the only country that has no options I can not be Just RHD as Ireland has the options think its a punishment for Brexit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
We finally got our MY19 Arona Excellence Lux two weeks ago. Outside, it has retractable door mirrors. Inside it has a digital dash, microsuede seats and a black dash. The infotainment system is mind blowing and will take a while to get used to. the only negative I can find so far is that there's no interior rear light. since the roof lining is black that is a pain at night. No doubt they will get round to fixing that in MY20 or 21!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
There were all sorts of temporary specs through 2018 as SEAT didn't order enough Xcelence Lux parts (or they hadn't expected to receive so many orders of high spec, then discovered too late that there was enough capacity to build them)

Haven't heard of any swapped parts recently, should now be microsuede (alcantara is a brand name from one company), digital dashboard, leather look dashboard, folding mirrors

Orders should be back to about 3 months, worst delays were orders from March-April 2018, some of which took about 6-8 months
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Yes, appears to be back to normal if my order is anything to go by. Ordered end of October, picking up tomorrow. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Well I've had my Arona for just over a month now, so it's time to reflect on first impressions.

Things didn't get off to a great start. I placed my order for an Xcellence Lux in Desire Red at the end of August. 3 days later I changed my mind on the colour of the roof and told the dealer I wanted it black. When I was informed in November that my car had arrived, the roof was red, however the dealer in the end agreed to get it painted black. I then asked the dealer to check for heated seats, etc. and this is when it was discovered that despite my order clearly stating it was an Xcellence Lux, when the dealer placed the order with the factory, the word Lux seems to have been forgotten!

As it happened, the dealer had a cancelled order for an Xcellence Lux, identical to what I wanted except that it was the DSG version, not manual. I decided to accept this, rather than wait for a new order of a manual Lux. I got it just before Xmas.

Overall, I like the car very much: smooth ride, decent performance for a turbo 1.0l engine, comprehensive infotainment system, 44 mpg for an auto on mostly short trips, adaptive cruise control is good.

But I have identified a number of drawbacks, some very minor, some not so. A number of these have of course been highlighted in this forum already, but I'll refer to them anyway.

* No interior light in rear of car. Unforgivable. Clearly nobody in the SEAT design team has ever had a small child in their car.
* Space. I had a 2010 model Ford Focus before whose boot was measured at 350 litres. The Arona says 400 litres, so I didn't examine it too closely and assumed there would be more room. Went to put my golf gear in for the first time - errr, only just fits. Maybe with boot lid in lower position there's more vertical space, but it still feels small. Same with loading small children into the rear - it's more of a squeeze than before. Maybe my own fault for not taking precise measurements, but who does that?
* Door mirrors don't fold electrically - dispute ongoing.
* The Eco profile has to be selected every time you start the car - it won't store it.
* Small fuel tank, feels like I'm always on the lookout for a garage!
* Can't find a way to display total mileage apart from when you turn engine off. You can show 'long-term' but that only lasts up to 9,999 miles.
* Some info that you might want to look at fairly often such as the time and the outside temperature are small in size and barely lit.
* The icon to tell you if your lights are on is next to the light switch, so you either have to remove one hand from the wheel or move your head position to see it. The icon for full beam is on the dash, where the other one should be.
* The centre console is just about high enough for comfort, but only just.
* The keyless entry only works on the driver's door, not the passenger door (OK, it was something I got used to with the Focus).
* The mechanism to slide the drivers seat back and forth is a small lever on the far side of the seat from the door. Why not the near side?
* The wipers are a little 'enthusiastic' when on auto - they're at full speed during fairly mild rain.
* Beeping, beeping, beeping. There's so much of it, it distracts from when it's really needed.
* The radio mutes when there's beeping and when you're reversing. I know you can adjust that, but it's still annoying.
* and finally, the plastic wallet for the user manual is the tackiest thing I've seen in ages!

As I said, some are very minor and may cause a WTF reaction, but these are just my observations. I stress that despite this longish list, I do like owning the Arona! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
420 Posts
Well reported Niggle List :roll:
Got to agree on the Rear Interior Light Missing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
stottycabanas said:
Well I've had my Arona for just over a month now, so it's time to reflect on first impressions.

Things didn't get off to a great start. I placed my order for an Xcellence Lux in Desire Red at the end of August. 3 days later I changed my mind on the colour of the roof and told the dealer I wanted it black. When I was informed in November that my car had arrived, the roof was red, however the dealer in the end agreed to get it painted black. I then asked the dealer to check for heated seats, etc. and this is when it was discovered that despite my order clearly stating it was an Xcellence Lux, when the dealer placed the order with the factory, the word Lux seems to have been forgotten!

* Can't find a way to display total mileage apart from when you turn engine off. You can show 'long-term' but that only lasts up to 9,999 miles.
Have to agree with you on all points. However, you can see the total mileage if you turn off Active Cruise Control.
My current dispute is the SatNav. It tries to take me off at every other A road junction and then rejoin at the next opportunity. Sometimes this is, take the offslip and then rejoin at the onslip. However, sometimes, it takes me through a village and then wait for the next chance to rejoin.
I queried this and was told it was a known fault and that the next update (Jan/Feb) would resolve this. There is normally a charge of about £65 but they would waive this, but no sign of it yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
I agree totally with number6 reference to the Sat Nav taking you off the road up the slip road to a roundabout and back on again to the same road you were on very annoying, how do i register for the update to stop this happening when it becomes available that will save me £65!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Lol 65 Quid to copy some files from the internet into a sad card !!! I got some excellent help on this forum and updated mine to 1115 from 0915 not sure what the numbers mean ! Bug I've updated the sat nav and it's way better now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Williecarona said:
Lol 65 Quid to copy some files from the internet into a sad card !!! I got some excellent help on this forum and updated mine to 1115 from 0915 not sure what the numbers mean ! Bug I've updated the sat nav and it's way better now
Surely this should be done by SEAT under warranty. If the SD card is not updated correctly, by an owner, dealers will not want to know about fixing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
number6 said:
Williecarona said:
Lol 65 Quid to copy some files from the internet into a sad card !!! I got some excellent help on this forum and updated mine to 1115 from 0915 not sure what the numbers mean ! Bug I've updated the sat nav and it's way better now
Surely this should be done by SEAT under warranty. If the SD card is not updated correctly, by an owner, dealers will not want to know about fixing it.
It's a procedure that Seat (and other manufacturers) expect owners to do themselves and so they should. Charging for this service or having to visit the dealership is ridiculous to do something like this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
AronaKent said:
Read this thread and get it done yourselves - https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=609
Good advice , I followed it and now my sat nav is updated with new bypass roads and I'm just back from a photo shoot in Edinburgh and it worked flawlessly, AronaKent thanks once again for the invaluable help regarding copying over the original nds file works a treat , how will we know when the next updated Europe file comes out ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Williecarona said:
AronaKent said:
Read this thread and get it done yourselves - https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=609
Good advice , I followed it and now my sat nav is updated with new bypass roads and I'm just back from a photo shoot in Edinburgh and it worked flawlessly, AronaKent thanks once again for the invaluable help regarding copying over the original nds file works a treat , how will we know when the next updated Europe file comes out ?
Good question, I think generally they released updates twice a year so maybe we can expect another update around June/July, perhaps. I'd keep an eye on this page to see if it changes or the link in the downloads change from 1115 - https://www.seat.com/owners/your-seat/navigation/arona.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
AronaKent said:
number6 said:
Williecarona said:
Lol 65 Quid to copy some files from the internet into a sad card !!! I got some excellent help on this forum and updated mine to 1115 from 0915 not sure what the numbers mean ! Bug I've updated the sat nav and it's way better now
Surely this should be done by SEAT under warranty. If the SD card is not updated correctly, by an owner, dealers will not want to know about fixing it.
It's a procedure that Seat (and other manufacturers) expect owners to do themselves and so they should. Charging for this service or having to visit the dealership is ridiculous to do something like this.
I understand your point, Arona Kent, with regard to ongoing updates but mine was a problem, from new, with the factory installed version, so is surely a warranty issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Generally happy with my Xcellence Lux. (reg Jan 2019with 2000miles). After 2 weeks I wondered why the mirrors didn't fold in, the dealer informs me that a batch of Aronas in 2018 were supplied with fixed mirrors ?? Apparently the price was adjusted to reflect this. I am disappointed that this was not pointed out before purchase but it isn't such a big issue. There are many other good features on the Xcellence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Loving mine! Grey/Orange roof 115 manual.

No issues, fuel consumption as expected, 40+ thrashed, 50+ treated very gently.

Parking assistants kinda handy in a bitching way, could turn noises off but inevitably one day will miss a post and smash the corner, so perhaps not!

ACC: Getting used to it's usefulness and accepting it's limitations (fuel consumption suffers a bit whatever the settings, but it's very nice to use!)

General driveability, handling, performance, excellent refinement all really pleasing. It's so quiet around town, like an electric!

Boot excellent, all the crap goes under the floor, Dogs on top.

Mine is the wrapped/stitched dash/foldy mirror version. Wouldn't have liked the cheap dash whatever the Beats system sounds like, as the standard unit with DAB is fantastic.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top