Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

FYI and for the beneift of the forum...

I have Just had the seat belt recall fix done at the my local dealers.

I called the 'seat driveline' who arranged the appointment for me so no hassle hanging on the telephone to the dealer while they decide if someone is available to take the call.
Waited around 14 days from calling them to the recall appointment.

Took about 20 mins to install , In there for a total of about 40 mins.

They have fiited a piece of plastic spacer which basically fits at the base of the current longer seat belt buckle to stop that one being able to touch the red release button on the shorter buckle one which sits next to it.. not much hassle.

A courtesy car was arranged but no need to take it up on this occasion. Maybe best to arrange one just in case they are too busy to do it while you wait or maybe you will be able to pre arrange an hour slot with the dealer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had mine done Thursday, at least the sticker has gone from the dash. Also gained a 10 page manual addendum to the manual about how to fit child seats.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have also had the fix done but it has caused a lot of problems. Just wondered if anybody else is in the same position? My repair seems different to one described. I can Niebuhr no longer use the centre seat as the seatbelt digs into a leg and I can no longer fit three booster seats across. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had the wife's seatbelt fixed last week and was told that there was a recall for a new cable on the alternator or starter as well so they did that at the same time, she's got the 115 dsg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.