Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
Took delivery of my 71 plate Arona FR Red Edition 1.0 TSi (110) on September 1st, my first ever brand new car. Looks amazing in Desire Red, with Black Roof. Love the car, however a have not been able to get the thing connected to Seat Connect. It has been back into the dealer 3 times already, I have contacted Seat CS, they have escalated it up the chain there. Car wont allow me to become Primary User. Reset, Re-installed, rest and re-installed. I have read on here that there have been problems. Seat CS tell me there is a problem with the Seat Servers.
If anyone knows of a fix please let me know, would be most grateful.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've managed to set up myself as Primary User on Seat Connect. This leaves an option for 'Guest'. Is it possible to set up a secondary named user? I did click on the plus sign when in as Primary User but after some delay logging in it couldn't connect.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Took me 3 months to get this working when I got the car last October. Dealer had no clue, seat cs had no clue. But eventually with persistence and the fantastic seat mastertech we cracked it. Fg Barnes maidstone know how to resolve this try them...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have now defected to the Audi brand and now have a brand new Q2 (nothing wrong with the Arona,I am always changing my cars) anyway,as for the Audi Connect system the dealer insisted I have it installed and pretty much set it up for me.Accepted me as primary user straight away and has worked flawlessly for the past two weeks.Why SEAT and ŠKODA customer's have so many problems with their systems is a mystery.And yes,I can get the radio station logos on the Audi MMI infotainment system as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
**UPDATE**
Received an email from Seat CS saying there is a simple fix for my issue but it will need to go back into the dealer to be sorted. Strange as it has already been into the dealer and they said they had no idea and to contact Seat CS. Currently waiting for a date to get it into the dealer. Will update further once its been in.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I guess I was lucky, I went through the process this evening with my new car and it seems to have worked. Registered with the app, logged into the car (took a couple of attempts), did the magic two key thingy and it all works. I'm set up as primary user, and when I get back in the house and fire up the app, all my driving data etc is on there.

·
Registered
2021 arona fr red edition
24 Posts
Took me 3 months to get this working when I got the car last October. Dealer had no clue, seat cs had no clue. But eventually with persistence and the fantastic seat mastertech we cracked it. Fg Barnes maidstone know how to resolve this try them...
Yes i had same issue, after several weeks i finally managed to install Seat Connect ( free for first year , so why not !).
The app is very hit and miss , when working its useful BUT its not relable or usser friendly to install. I believe the annual subscription is in excess of £50.00. I WONT BE RENEWING . lol

·
Registered
Arona FR Desire Red with Black Roof
157 Posts
Picked up my new red Arona FR yesterday and tried to set up Seat Connect today with no succes. Seat and the Dealer both say there is an outage with no promise of a date for a solution and no mechanism for informing customers when things are working. Is anybody else having problems with their set up?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got my 71 plate Arona last Friday and have been having the same issue with Seat Connect. I set up my Seat ID and attempted to become primary user in the vehicle. It lets me go through the routine with the two keys but then says unable to complete, contact customer services or try later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts