Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealership in Croydon (an excellent garage for service) has just had its Seat licence removed, apparently because Seat/VAG wants bigger garages/showrooms. Seat wrote to me listing alternatives, none of which are within a 40 minute drive of Sutton! Not sure why they think I will buy a Seat again if there is literally no Seat dealership in the whole of South London/Surrey border. I'm very unimpressed. I like my 4 year old Arona but now no point buying another one. Seat have just lost a customer....

·
Registered
629 Posts
Common problem in London, used to be dealerships at Brentford and Hampton Court too.

About 2 years after they closed, Seat replaced them by converting a VW garage in Fulwell (Twickenham), but in meantime left a huge geographic gap to get them fixed or serviced.

Whats worse the new big sites are usually on edge of towns so can’t do anything or get anywhere whilst car is serviced, and these big sites never seem to offer free alternative transport.

I have now moved to near Bath and it’s another gap in Seat network so I too will be leaving the brand (yes, they can’t be bothered to serve some UK cities). It’s over an hour to do a round trip to nearest to me which is Chippenham.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In Gloucester they have moved from 3 miles away to the opposite South side of the city next to the VW dealership with no parking facilities. I to will not be continuing Seat ownership.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh dear, and here was me thinking it might just be affecting me ! Seems the problem is much more widespread. I can't find a way of giving Seat feedback on this. The letter they sent had no contact details. Any ideas please? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
My local dealership in Croydon (an excellent garage for service) has just had its Seat licence removed, apparently because Seat/VAG wants bigger garages/showrooms. Seat wrote to me listing alternatives, none of which are within a 40 minute drive of Sutton! Not sure why they think I will buy a Seat again if there is literally no Seat dealership in the whole of South London/Surrey border. I'm very unimpressed. I like my 4 year old Arona but now no point buying another one. Seat have just lost a customer....
Is that Kinghams?
They will still be able to service Seats. Should be cheaper. Mine now needs service and MOT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts