Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, After reading lots of great comments on this very good forum I was just wondering if any of the salesmen/women from the Seat dealers read them too! and then cry into their coffee? for me it's lack of communication I placed my order on the 6th or 7th of February and was told no problem for a delivery date of 8th of May I have not heard a word from the dealer since!!!! :roll: Should I phone them? I don't think so common curtesy would be for the dealer to contact me I would have thought,

·
Registered
539 Posts
Unfortunately this seems to be common in a number of brands dealerships.

Clearly when the franchising process is set, or even these sales bonus regime. Keeping customers informed doesn't seem to be a consideration.

You cannot tar every dealership, some make regular updates. But it is very annoying that once they have your deposit, many seem to take no interest whatsoever until car is ready for pick up (they get quality surveyed on that bit so will suddenly reawaken).

The sad thing is you can spend £20k and not hear anything, but if you order a £5.99 Dominoes lunchtime pizza, you get a full status update (online) as it moves through the stages.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Many dealers should be compared to Arthur Daly as should the car manufacturer they represent never had such bad service from any dealer in the past ordered my car 27th Jan 2018 never had a build date or progress report definitely the last Seat I will buy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I never heard anything from my deslers so i call them every so often to make sure everything is track, i called on friday and was told my car is in uk and should be collected next weekend. I ordered mine 2/2/18 i think coz i ordered xcellance there isnt a massive delay in them, however will see if they stick to there word, but if i was you i would be calling what harm is it going to do?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Today 21st April there is a Seat Media release about selling directly (not via dealerships), it relates to Norway, but the concept has been tried in London (and the viewing store is changing to bigger one soon, 100 metres away)

See this thread and link on second item
https://www.aronaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=84

Quite honestly, if this gets rolled out to more of UK, might not have these lazy sales dealerships in couple of years time

·
Registered
355 Posts
You have to chase chase chase these dealers for ALL information, When i send an email, i get the same reply, Ive not heard anything, but i will check the computer.

told 10-12 weeks, then now been told it always been 16 weeks, I complained to the dealer, and got fobbed off.
and then they just said I could Cancel and have my money back.
Well that is not really great customer service.

I have been in the computer service industry for 30 years, and have never treated a customer like this.
Good mind to just cancel and go back to VW.
The VW dealer I had before was so proactive it was great, regular updates etc.. gone to SEAT and this experience is very lacking.
Not overly happy. now been told the provisional of 19th July build date, which is 8-9 weeks on from the original dates, then another 4 weeks after that to get the car. Ordered it in Feb. If this is the date then its 6 months waiting.

·
Registered
116 Posts
We got ours from a JCT600 dealership and barely got any updates. Just one to say that the order had gone through and another to say it was ready for collection 5 months later. Even then it arrived with the wrong roof colour. We already had a car so wasn't desperate for it so just forgot about it. We knew it would turn up at some point. Don't think it's only SEAT. My wife gets a new car every 3 years and no dealership she has bought from has kept in touch really.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Did your dealers give you the Order number for your car?

As my dealer said 'We don't give out this information normally".
Which seems a bit odd?
As the VW Dealer i've been through before, and the Skoda dealer for my Dad's car all gave us the Order numbers.
I had to ask specifically to the dealer for my Order number.

Also I was kept informed every 2 weeks until the order was confirmed in the system. then can use the VW track my order website.
you can also track your order with Skoda. and Audi are also in the process of doing an order tracker.

But you cannot do this with SEAT

ITS ALL THE SAME COMPANY... VAG Surely they can all be tracked, the Factories track every component.
At least we would be able to check online and saves the dealers being bombarded by us.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I got regular emails , phone calls and video updates from my dealer - great customer service from them and will deffo recommend them .. D M Keith York ..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mandaroo said:
We got ours from a JCT600 dealership and barely got any updates. Just one to say that the order had gone through and another to say it was ready for collection 5 months later. Even then it arrived with the wrong roof colour. We already had a car so wasn't desperate for it so just forgot about it. We knew it would turn up at some point. Don't think it's only SEAT. My wife gets a new car every 3 years and no dealership she has bought from has kept in touch really.
Bought Mine from JCT600 Menston ordered in Dec told it would be a March delivery told end of April it would be here 12th march so spot on for me

·
Registered
116 Posts
Brian566 said:
Mandaroo said:
Bought Mine from JCT600 Menston ordered in Dec told it would be a March delivery told end of April it would be here 12th march so spot on for me
Thats the dealership we got ours from. It arrived a week earlier than thought which was good. Just a shame the got the roof colour wrong. They were meant to get back to us regarding what they were going to do about it but have never heard anything from them since we drove off the forecourt over 3 weeks ago. I don't think we ever will. They ain't bothered about you once they've done the hand over.

·
Registered
355 Posts
you should not have accepted the car.
Its your right to refuse if they specification is wrong from what you ordered.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's all fine now as my wife is happy with the roof as it is so fortunately for the dealer they have got away with it. Just a bit annoyed that they never got back to us even though they said they would. Probably just hoped we would grow to like it... which we have.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well Don't argue with the Misses, If she likes it.. then its good.
Its when she hates it that the dealer and you would have been in Serious trouble. ;)

I learn that from my Ex Wife.. Damm she was a seriously stubborn B.t.h

1 - 14 of 14 Posts