Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From The Seat Website

"The success of the models in the SEAT range is leading to higher production. In this sense, in the months of April and May the Martorell factory is adding ten additional weekend production shifts on Line 1 (Ibiza and Arona) and seven on Line 2 (Leon), as well as four shifts on Line 3 (Audi Q3).

Plus

SEAT is going to assemble the Arona and the Leon in Algeria starting next summer

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for that confirmation Brian. I was getting worried about the delays and somebody posted earlier about this. It's made me a very happy old feller and I might even get mine before I pop my clogs! :D

Bob.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Well it makes sense, as with the aggressive pricing strategy SEAT has had on these deals, and with the Brand picking up What Car Best in class awards, they are very popular.
The equipment levels being high and pricing compared to the rivals, makes it a no brainer.
Yes the T-Roc maybe a bit more upmarket looking inside, but plastics are no better than the Arona, and at a extra cost, maybe a bit more sound damping, but the Arona can be improved with Dynamat or Silent Coat installation.
The Citroen interior is just Ghastly, I hated it, I prefer cleaner lines in the Arona to the round curvy shapes. the exterior is subtle and understated but good looking, and Compared to the JUKE(Butt FUGLY), well enough said.
Arona all the way..

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GazzaB said:
Well it makes sense, as with the aggressive pricing strategy SEAT has had on these deals, and with the Brand picking up What Car Best in class awards, they are very popular.
The equipment levels being high and pricing compared to the rivals, makes it a no brainer.
Yes the T-Roc maybe a bit more upmarket looking inside, but plastics are no better than the Arona, and at a extra cost, maybe a bit more sound damping, but the Arona can be improved with Dynamat or Silent Coat installation.
The Citroen interior is just Ghastly, I hated it, I prefer cleaner lines in the Arona to the round curvy shapes. the exterior is subtle and understated but good looking, and Compared to the JUKE(Butt FUGLY), well enough said.
Arona all the way..
Hi just a point on Noise insulation are the FR Excellence fitted with different sound insulation particularly as there is none under the SE Bonne if the same be better to start a thread if anybody fits it t

·
Registered
299 Posts
No sound deadening under the bonnet of my fr sport. Inner arch liners are plastic as well where as I have had cars previously with soft linings.

·
Registered
355 Posts
None of the Arona's have sound or insulation under the bonnet.
But this alone will not make a massive difference to the sound in the cabin.
only by pulling up the carpets and seats out etc, door panels and roof lining out and having a proper sound deadening done will it vastly improve.
But just doing under the door cards and floor will still make a big difference.
I am planning to have mine done by a professional fitter, certified for Dynamat installation. probably looking at 600-1000£ to have the full car done.
may split it up and have the floor and doors done, and later have the roof done. see what the costs are.
But wait till i get it first.
Was planning to do the Golf, but decided to change it. Due to being a Diesel and now only doing 5 mile a day to work and back.

as for the arches, remove the liners and put Dynamat super light on the bulkhead panels or just on the inside of the plastic liner, that should help.
usually this stuff goes on the inside of the cabin, as to dampen vibrations into the cabin. then having a acoustic mat over this then replace the carpet.

due to the non linear decibel(dB) curve. SO, a small reduction in dB can result in a dramatic acoustic reduction. for every 3dB increase the perceived sound doubles.
so if can achieve a reduction of 6dB or more in the cabin, this would give a very dramatic perceived sound reduction.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GazzaB said:
None of the Arona's have sound or insulation under the bonnet.
But this alone will not make a massive difference to the sound in the cabin.
only by pulling up the carpets and seats out etc, door panels and roof lining out and having a proper sound deadening done will it vastly improve.
But just doing under the door cards and floor will still make a big difference.
I am planning to have mine done by a professional fitter, certified for Dynamat installation. probably looking at 600-1000£ to have the full car done.
may split it up and have the floor and doors done, and later have the roof done. see what the costs are.
But wait till i get it first.
Was planning to do the Golf, but decided to change it. Due to being a Diesel and now only doing 5 mile a day to work and back.

as for the arches, remove the liners and put Dynamat super light on the bulkhead panels or just on the inside of the plastic liner, that should help.
usually this stuff goes on the inside of the cabin, as to dampen vibrations into the cabin. then having a acoustic mat over this then replace the carpet.

due to the non linear decibel(dB) curve. SO, a small reduction in dB can result in a dramatic acoustic reduction. for every 3dB increase the perceived sound doubles.
so if can achieve a reduction of 6dB or more in the cabin, this would give a very dramatic perceived sound reduction.
Thanks for such a comprehensive report
[/
b]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.