Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been answered, I have searched here, Google and the owners manual... driving a brand new Arona FR 1.0. Randomly, normally in wet conditions, the whole central dash (i.e. visible through the steering wheel) displays a pic of the vehicle in red, which flashes once, beeps, then disappears. It does not happen on every journey. There is no mention of this anywhere I can see. It almost looks like a sensor check, but the audio warning and red light nature of it is a concern. Anyone else had this or know what it is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Theo Cult said:
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been answered, I have searched here, Google and the owners manual... driving a brand new Arona FR 1.0. Randomly, normally in wet conditions, the whole central dash (i.e. visible through the steering wheel) displays a pic of the vehicle in red, which flashes once, beeps, then disappears. It does not happen on every journey. There is no mention of this anywhere I can see. It almost looks like a sensor check, but the audio warning and red light nature of it is a concern. Anyone else had this or know what it is?

Thanks!
It is the rain causing the radar sensor to think there is a hazard and then flashing up the warning thinking you are about to collide with something. Part of the Emergency Assist Function and ACC if you have that option.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi Cyberbob, that sounds like a good explanation but the radar sensor shouldn't really mistake some reflection from rain drops for a car (unless the rain drops are REALLY big...). This sounds like a calibration issue to me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
DutchCourage said:
Hi Cyberbob, that sounds like a good explanation but the radar sensor shouldn't really mistake some reflection from rain drops for a car (unless the rain drops are REALLY big...). This sounds like a calibration issue to me.
It does sound a wee bit too sensitive TBH but have heard of similar issues on Golf 's and Leon. I think they had an update/re-calibration performed in one case a new sensor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cyberbob and DutchCourage that is exactly what it is. By fluke, it happened on the way home from work in the wet again, only this time it applied the brakes for me too, which was surprising. I cycled through the settings and it can be adjusted or switched off. I just downloaded the latest owners manual from the SEAT site and there it is, fully explained! I will keep an eye out and see if it ever does it in the dry. Thus far, it has only happened in the rain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts