Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I've been offered 3 years service plan for £470. Is this worth it?

What do most people go with?

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,

I didn't bother with the service plan as I don't do enough miles, the service interval is 2 years or 20k miles. I only do around 4-5k a year so wouldn't make full use of the plan.

So weigh up how many miles you do roughly per year and see if it's worth it.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Most service plans are poor value for money, usually just include one service and a minor inspection (and come with exclusions when you look closely at the small print).

By default the new cars first service is 2 years or 20,000 miles (although personally I wouldn't leave an oil change beyond about 14,000 miles), although can be changed to fixed annual intervals

If you are worried about a £200-300 bill at end of second year then simply set up a standing order transfer to a deposit account of £20 per month and use funds in that to pay for it. I know someone that puts away £70 per month to also cover annual car tax and insurance and build a fund to replace tyres etc. The logic is that paying in instalments always incurs big premium, so pay as you go, but put the funds aside each month yourself.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Quite a few options are cheaper when ordering the car.(my spare wheel 16 inch steel rim £105)

TJW

·
Registered
108 Posts
I paid £323.82 (including VAT) for 2 years (a minor service at 10,000 and a major service at 20,000).

If your car was registered less than 3 months ago, you can still take advantage of this offer. Any SEAT dealer can set it up for you within a few minutes and you can take your car to any SEAT dealer to be serviced under the plan.

They will need £323.82 as a one-off payment OR you can setup a payment plan with SEAT Finance of £17.99 over 18 months (0% APR).

It's a decent saving compared to paying as and when the service is due.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Running an engine for 20000 miles or two years between oil changes should be avoided - the engine survives but only just - it's far from healthy, especially if you drive short distances. The oil will quickly degrade and the additives will eventually disappear. If you want an healthy engine and intend to keep your Arona for years it's way better to service it once a year or every 14000 miles depending on what comes first.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Haven't yet had any service work on our Arona

But our other car, and previous car, is a Skoda and the main dealer prices for servicing were usually about 20% less than National list price provided you pay each time rather than on service plan.

For SEAT, Also worth checking the roadside assistance section, if you buy a fixed price service (rather than a plan), then 12 months assistance is included

https://www.seat.co.uk/owners/your-seat/warranty-roadside-assistance/roadside-assistance.html

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ash said:
Hi,

I didn't bother with the service plan as I don't do enough miles, the service interval is 2 years or 20k miles. I only do around 4-5k a year so wouldn't make full use of the plan.

So weigh up how many miles you do roughly per year and see if it's worth it.
I am confused now as my Arona is coming up to 1 year old and I assumed it was 12 months 10000 miles service interval.
Looked at the service handbook and nothing had been filled in regarding which service schedule applied, not even PDI filled in.
Like Ash I am only doing about 3500 miles per year but took out the service plan at £22.99 per month :( assuming that would cover 2 services.
Will ring the dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.

My wife got 2 services from Seat dealer. I think it was a promotional thing for purchasing it on a PCP.
We only plan to do approx 5k per year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts