Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a new Arona 1.6 SE Technology Lux. I know the question will come up about service plans when I collect the car. My question relates to the service plan. Is it worth it? Is it added onto your monthly repayments, or paid for separately?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cartrooper said:
I have purchased a new Arona 1.6 SE Technology Lux. I know the question will come up about service plans when I collect the car. My question relates to the service plan. Is it worth it? Is it added onto your monthly repayments, or paid for separately?
Depends on your circumstances and how you like to pay for services. It does work out slightly cheaper paying it monthly. Depends on how long you intend to keep the car for. I got my dealer to give my various quotes before deciding to just pay upfront. I may do the first and second service at the dealer and the third will go to an independent.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fair enough. I will almost certainly do the first two services. What I do beyond that depends on the quote they give me.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Cyberbob said:
Cartrooper said:
Depends on your circumstances and how you like to pay for services. It does work out slightly cheaper paying it monthly. Depends on how long you intend to keep the car for. I got my dealer to give my various quotes before deciding to just pay upfront. I may do the first and second service at the dealer and the third will go to an independent.
If a large annual bill scares you, then can easily set up a standing order for about £15-20 per month to a deposit account, why let someone else take a profit margin on it.

Service plans tend to be fairly minimal, not a problem for a lease car that goes back in 2-3 years (the parts that wear will affect next owner more), but if it is a car to be kept, probably want to do more. I would avoid stretching service intervals if you want to get 150k miles from it

Yours is the diesel, but had it been the 1 litre tsi (a lot of power per litre) then it is unlikely to tolerate not getting oil changes at least every 12-14k miles.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Does any know what the annual Service costs are?

As the first service at 10K will be an oil change (interval Service) and at 20K will include all the other filters etc. (Full Service)
So if you know the costs you can calculate the Monthly amount to cover this, and add in 10% extra to cover those little things they never tell you about...

Also make sure that you tell them NOT to fill the washer fluid, as it is expensive and not needed. Fill the washer to the brim before the service and tell them at the service it is not to be filled. Make sure it is in writing on the service form.
as if they do charge you for it, then you can point out that this is their mistake. as its on the form.
Done be conned by the garage. they will try to get you for extras.
Some dealers will always try it on, the techs are told to do these as extra chargeable items.
You can also make it clear that NOTHING is to be changed or refilled without your prior consent for each item.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I see the Service plan is monthly.
Id rather just pay for it in one go. Hate paying for everything monthly. Same with Insurance.
you can get a better deal if you pay in full.
Id have to ask my Dealer.

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Snowdaddy,

Your link is out of date, (2016), mine is the current one.
Like you say you can always haggle.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Interesting question!
I've just used the £250voucher from Seat against future service needs.
When I first went in I was offered a service plan to be paid for monthly discounted from £495 to £420. When I said I wanted to pay up front and use the goodwill initially I was told I couldn't . When I pointed out the letter said I could spend against Seat I was offered a Seat plan that gives me 2 services for £250 so assuming the 3rd costs the same that gives a total of £375.
The initial plan I was offered was a Bristol St motors plan so I'm guessing the £70 extra is commission for the salesperson. Insist on a seat plan if you can afford to pay up front. Gets the service book stamped and holds value better!

·
Registered
355 Posts
I would pay for Dealer service anyway. And I always insist that they fill in and stamp the service book.
I always check before I leave the Dealer, an if it is not done I insist that they do it.
I did that with VW dealer, They did look a bit shocked when I came back in a insisted that the book is filled out and stamped.
But Then it is MY MONEY, and MY CAR. They are providing a Service it makes the car worth a little bit extra later.

But that is interesting that it seems to have different pricing for Services plan.
I will check it out, and see what the Seat website says.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thank god I got free services thrown in. Always haggle and be prepared to walk away 9 out of 10 they will call you or stop you walking out of the showroom. They rely on the people who don't haggle but those who do normally prosper, after all they will normally sell there gransmother for a sale. Do your homework for best time to buy, if they haven't hit there targets then there's a deal to be done.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How long does your order have to be delayed to receive the compensation? As this would be something, IF my car was delayed ( I sincerely hope it won't be!). I will have to wait until collection of the car before I make my mind up on the service plan. I will definitely haggle though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts