Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Baggy said:
There is a Ship in the bay of biscay called The Pegasus Ace . My car is on it :D
That's funny... my wife's is on it also! :D

The 'ship' in question is due to dock at Sheerness (in Kent) at 18:00 tomorrow, the 22nd March 2018, so hopefully we shouldn't have to wait too long after that for delivery!

That should work out well for an early April collection I reckon.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I didn't know wife's were an optional extra with the arona, must have missed that in the brochure. :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
My car arrived at port on Sunday 11th March and was ready for me to collect today. It was waiting to be picked up from the Port for about a week, but the dealer reckons that was something to do with a backlog due to the weather

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am assuming that mine will be taken from the port to my dealer on a car transporter, but we have got rather a lot going on for the next few days, and are then away for Easter, so early April will suit me fine!

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's just south of the Isle of Wight now, and due to dock at Sheerness at about 18:00 this evening. :)

EDIT: She finally docked a bit late at 21:35 but at least our new Arona's should be on UK soil now! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi dolphinfriendly1012..did'nt spot the wife option .if a choice of build is available i'll have one.being able to change every three years or so sounds like my cuppa tea. dream on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ok I know these are geeky questions, but how do you know which boat the car is on and where it is (I love maps, gps, satellite, tracking......)?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dunkelmann said:
Ok I know these are geeky questions, but how do you know which boat the car is on and where it is (I love maps, gps, satellite, tracking......)?
Well, your dealer should be able to tell you the name of the boat or container ship it is on - mine did, but if you find that they are not being particularly helpful, they should at least give you the SEAT Order Number, which is a 8 digit number, starting with a '2'.

If you then call the nice helpful folk at SEAT Customer Services on 08085 222222, they should then provide you with details of the current 'state' of your new car, and once it is in transit the ship details etc.

A quick Google search will then give you more detailed info. from sites such as www.vesselfinder.com to name but one!

Those were my experiences anyway, so I hope they are of some help! ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dealer very kindly told me the ship name it was on - so I then went on my ship tracker app and tracked it into Sheerness , Grimsby and now finally Newcastle ..
My Dealer just rang to confirm it's arrival at the dock and collection soon once they have confirmation of offload .

·
Registered
66 Posts
My Arona 'landed' at Sheerness, down in Kent, having called in to Portugal on the way from Barcelona, so it would appear that they don't all come by exactly the same route.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great, thanks guys, I will leave pestering the dealer until after Easter as I am sure they will be busy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.