Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi spent all day trying out text messaging with the blue tooth connection and apple car play both connect ok with i phone 6
Seat phone on head unit
Phone connect ok send and receive phone calls no problems But when i access messages top left on screen it shoes three folders inbox outbox and sent But i can get it to show any messages but it will show all my call records in phone calls
So why wont it show text or SMS ??

Apple Car Play
same again connect ok but keeps saying Siri needs a internet connect WHY i am only phoning or sending text so why does it need internet ??

Completely exasperated
Also the antenna extender does it have to have a physical connection with the phone or just be near it
I seem to have lost the plot on these

·
Registered
135 Posts
What did you put into the mailbox number setting .? I'm with o2 and can't work out what to type in for mailbox setting is it

+447802000332

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never thought about that i thought it just read text and send details from your phone same as contacts i am with O2 so that's tomorrows project will report back i have enough today 😨

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seem you are Not Able to read Texts it against the Law But Fords and Astras have had It before ???

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes older cars had this previously, but with recent changes in the laws, with people using mobiles phones etc, causing deaths. Frankly I am GLAD that you cannot do this.
It is stupid and irresponsible to use and read text messages whilst driving.
My friend got seriously injured by someone doing just that... So think of the consequences, It may not be you that gets killed, but you killing someone else, with a family etc.

for iPhones you can only use Apple Car Play, and it requires Siri to be activated, as Siri will read the message and you can speak to Siri to dictate your reply.
Which is safer...

If you don't want to use this. then pull over, stop the car, get out and use your phone.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Point Taken and Understood

·
Registered
116 Posts
I for one am glad that text messages can't be read anymore in cars. I just wish they could put something in so that it is impossible to use phones in cars ful stop. They make it illegal to pick up your phone which is not the dangerous part. It's concentrating on a conversation that causes the problem as your not paying attention to the road. I know as I had a near miss years ago when someone pulled out in front of me when I was on hands free. I'm sure my reaction time would have been better if I wasn't on the phone. Luckily I managed to avoid an accident but since then I try not to use even hands free let alone reading messages. Rant over. 😐

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have heard some people use a Text to Voice Reader app that is available from Play Store. It even states who is calling and texting you.

STILL - I agree, nothing is THAT important to put lives in jeopardy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Something wrong in your life if you can't not use your phone while driving , it's dangerous and should be banned full stop ... I helped those involved until ambulance came at a Nasty RTA Cos the driver was talking on hands free lost concentration at a busy junction and pulled out in front of someone ..
the should be a total ban on phones being even on in cars if you ask me ..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Apple have the do not disturb feature when driving. which stops all messages etc.. which i really like.
You can still get phone calls. but I only ever really use the phone as a music device, so it plays my iTunes tracks.
and tend not to get many phone calls.. which suits me.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use android auto to speak my texts and also reads the reply, just use the OK GOOGLE feature, can do texts, open and play music. etc, Also works well with waze.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.