1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to SAY a BIG

GOODBYE

To everyone on this Forum.
It has been fun, and enjoyed having discussions and helping out where I could.
But
As i have now cancelled my order and will NO LONGER be getting ARONA. due to the daft changes by SEAT.
I well be closing down my membership to this site.

I do wish all of you that have and are still waiting for your Arona's many happy hours driving and writing in this forum.
It has been a pleasure be have known you all

Fairwell and god speed

GAZZAB.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi Gazza
Sorry to see you go you would have been a very active member with plenty of input
I can understand your frustration As no way could I live with that white dash I thought at 70 I was to old for the FR but could not have the excellence due to the dash so settled on the SE
So hope everything goes well at VW ?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Thank you for all the info.

I'm not really sure what to say, but clearly Seat have caused unnecessary friction by downgrading the Lux spec, and failing to communicate properly.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Aww I'm so sorry you've been messed about so much. I don't blame you for cancelling - All the best with your next choice

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for all the help and advice you have given me also.

I hope things work out well for you, and you end up with a car with which you are really happy.

Good Luck! :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sorry to see you go, your reply's to my problems have been very helpful!
May be joining you soon as I'm considering getting shut of my Arona asap
Totally disappointed with it so far, wish I still had my Polo! 🙁

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm still in the throws of ordering a new car. I was looking at the Excellence plus, but the way they are having problems with sourcing certain parts and replacing them with others, eg: upgraded sound system and heated washer jets, I have been looking around. In Grimsby we have three manufacturers next door to each other (back to back). Seat, Skoda and VW. Has anybody looked at the latest Polo?
I just got a quote for a New Polo SEL, 1 Ltr petrol, 115ps, DSG gearbox I've been quoted for Flash red paint (unfortunately you have to pay for different paint colours). Adaptive cruise control and rear view camera. That all came out at £20,725. I asked if they would give the same discount as "Carwow" and they said they would as they also give prices to "Carwow".

I came into the forum to find out items about the Arona, but some posts are a bit off putting, but the Arona is a nice looking motor, I will still keep visiting the Arona forum from time to time, and I wish all members many hours of trouble free motoring.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi if you live in Grimsby you have an excellent dealer close by Westgate Motors, I lived in Market Rasen until November 2011 purchased a car from them in 2010 ,moved to Swindon went back to them in 2013 from Swindon for another new car . They have just been taken over by DM keith I think but the staff and service was evcellent in the past. I would have bought my arona from them but for warranty issues I know you can go to any Dealer but can be off putting there attitude sometimes.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I live in a village just outside Grimsby, but we have the vast majority of car manufacturer dealerships around Grimsby, and yes the Seat dealer is OK. I asked if they would try and match a "Carwow" offer and the guy said "he would ask his manager", but could not guarantee he would, whereas the VW dealer said "he would match it" !!
The Skoda sales guy asked "why do I need adaptive cruise control when I only did just over 4,000 miles last year"? while I'm happy to pay for ACC, I cannot see what it's got to do with him?, though at the moment, Skoda are giving £3,000 back if you take out PCP !! The thing with that take it out on PCP and one month down the road, phone them up and pay the car off in cash, with a saving of £3,000.

·
Registered
17 Posts
At the end of the day it is your choice,it is good to see that people like yourself do make there own choices after all its your money ,choose what car you want and the spec that suits you, not one the sales person wants you to have, years ago my cars would have been the highest spec (Big Mistake) .
Nowadays I choose what I need the Arona comes with limited choices but is an excellent car still cant get my head around no alarm in the SE/SE Tech ,I have the First Edition no alarm ! No LED Headlights unless you up the spec .I think that the VW is a very sound purchase but lacks flair & style but I am a golden oldie so what do I know.
Just to add my son just before Christmas bought a VW 2ltre Golf GTI 2006 ,73,000miles FSH it is immaculate and been cared for all its life a credit to the VW Brand. Sorry to waffle on must be my age .

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well GUY and Girls
I am back

The director from the Dealership, rang and confirmed that SEAT will build my Arona to the Original Spec I ordered and get the compensation deal, plus got an extra bit thrown in.. as well.
Sneaky Dealer had kept me on the car, whilst he thrashed it out with SEAT on this.
And Monday SEAT CC rang and advised my car is on its way and will be at the dealers in 2 weeks-ish so another week before I get it.
I have accepted it, as was waiting for the T-Cross, if and when they finally do it.. but as I got offered a sweet deal to give them another try I said OK.
But I have told them that I want to see the car prior to registration, and that ANYTHING wrong or incorrect spec then I will reject the car.
So they better have it correctly done..
So MAYBE.. I hope to dare that from end of this month I will be driving away in my new Arona...

so give a second chance if the deal is good, if its not right? then its off.. I think that is fair.
But I hope it is all OK as I still do love the look of the Arona.

So good to be back again...

·
Registered
540 Posts
GazzaB said:
Well GUY and Girls
I am back

The director from the Dealership, rang and confirmed that SEAT will build my Arona to the Original Spec I ordered and get the compensation deal, plus got an extra bit thrown in.. as well.
Sneaky Dealer had kept me on the car, whilst he thrashed it out with SEAT on this.
And Monday SEAT CC rang and advised my car is on its way and will be at the dealers in 2 weeks-ish so another week before I get it.
I have accepted it, as was waiting for the T-Cross, if and when they finally do it.. but as I got offered a sweet deal to give them another try I said OK.
But I have told them that I want to see the car prior to registration, and that ANYTHING wrong or incorrect spec then I will reject the car.
So they better have it correctly done..
So MAYBE.. I hope to dare that from end of this month I will be driving away in my new Arona...

so give a second chance if the deal is good, if its not right? then its off.. I think that is fair.
But I hope it is all OK as I still do love the look of the Arona.

So good to be back again...
Good to have you back GazzaB

I do wonder how many of the customer cancellations were actually cancelled by dealers, as they could always put it in showroom and sell to someone else.

If yours has now been made, I wonder if any of the others (on paper delayed to Q4) are closer to being built.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Welcome Back Gazza The sites been quite without you hop you get all you wanted

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
FINALLY
Had a phone call from the Garage today. MY CAR IS HERE...
So tomorrow evening I am off to have a look.
It won't be prepared but I want to check the spec is all correct.
Maybe the fitted the digital dash as a bonus... LOL
that what would be un expected, may forgive them if they missed different detail LOL
But Doubt that will happen.
I will take the camera and take some initial pics. and post later.

·
Registered
540 Posts
GazzaB getting his original spec car gave me an nudge to call dealer about mine for update, and they think it has come forward from Q4. Person dealing with it was off, but should get update in next few days.

Would seem to me that the 6 months extra to Q4 was a worst case, and factory realised orders wouldn't go away so are quietly slotting them in. Logically they would have expected to make a few each week (otherwise wouldn't have been a spec level in brochure), so parts to make these must have been planned.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ive got mine now, and its running great, Not having any issues with the DSG, yeah is changes up quickly, but never seems to be out of breath because of it. maybe I just got a heavier foot LOL.
Ive not tried Eco mode, So no idea that makes a difference.
Using the Individual settings, as recommended by the dealer, So got everything but steering in Sport mode, Steering in Dynamic, and it works well.
only got 65miles on it now, and only doing short journeys to work, so economy is saying 28mpg.
which is not far away from what my golf was doing, and that was a diesel.
I will take some pictures and will post showing the change to the rear seatbelt as well.
will post them on here soon.

Snowdaddy, give your dealer a kick, and SEAT CC and kick up a fuss.. I did and got mine now. you have to chase for everything. Sad fact of life really.
Really hope they have GOOD NEWS for you..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.