Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the request of Montala, here are some picture and part numbers of what goes into a spare wheel option

My FR is on Pirelli Cinturato P7 - 205/55 R17 91V
The pictures that follow are made up from the below list, part numbers are listed here as they may not be too clear on the photos. Some of the below come if you just had the can of foam (like the cap puller), but I though I would list the lot.

Wheel & Tyre - Continental - ConiEcoContact 205/55/R16V
Jack - 2Q0 011 031 BTS3
Jack handle - 5Q0 011 22
Cap Puller - 8DQ 012 244 A (Clip & locking nut - no number)
Wheel Brace - 4DQ 012 219 A
Tow Eye - 6V0 805 615
Plastic Holder - 6F9 012 109A
Wheel Holder Thread & Nut - 2G0 803 899
White Strap - No number

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you very much alandi for posting those lovely clear photos, but as I think I said before, I would expect the tyre size on a 'full size' spare wheel (albeit one with a steel rim) to be the same size as the tyres already fitted to the wheels on the car.

In your case that does indeed appear to be correct, as your FR is fitted with Pirelli Cinturato P7 - 205/55 R17 91V, so it looks to me as if the size of the spare, at 205/55/R16V, would therefore be OK

However, on my Arona, which is a SE Technology, the tyre size is 205/60/R16 92H (Hankook Kinergy 4S) so it does appear as if they are using slightly different sizes of tyres on different models!, and in that case, then SEAT should surely size the spare tyre accordingy!

I think I will have to have another chat with the parts manager at my local dealership tomrrow, to see what he has to say about this!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eventually picked up my Seat spare wheel kit today. It is exactly as alandl's pics in the previous post the only difference is the tyre make of mine is Hankook! Feel better for having a spare rather than the emergency repair kit!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks alandi for the info & part numbers mine is ready to pick up now ,as an option after purchasing the car in January 2018 ,at the ripe old age of 73 I will feel more comfortable with a spacesaver wheel .

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neil C & johnny B. I totally understand why you would want a wheel rather than a can of foam. I have to go into the office twice a week and its a 102 mile round journey each day. I use the A2, M25 via dartford Tunnel and the A1, so I would perfer to change a flat and sort out the issue when I get home.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hi All
Just had a letter from my Seat Dealer Saying as early models had no spare wheel option Seat have now released a Full size spare wheel Kit and these are available for £199 including fitting !!!!
Luckily I had mine as a good will gesture

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked mine up last thursday from Chippenham Motors ,all the parts to go with it, seems quite large but still marked spacesaver ,ordered mine when I purchased the car in January just arrived as a kit to be purchased seperately feeling more confident now old age thing for me .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just had notification that my Excellence Lux will be ready to pick up next Wednesday (19 weeks later) I asked the question has it got the 18in space saver spare wheel in the boot and they told me it is a 16in wheel and that we don't do an 18in but as I pointed out the Seat spec says 18in space saver.
Can anybody who has a 18in spare confirm this or is the Seat spec wrong!

·
Registered
156 Posts
The spec is correct I think the 18in spare goes with the beats audio system that is now standard on the Lux. The 16in spare is the standard spare unless the beats system is fitted. Presumably your car was built before the changes in spec that deleted Alcantara upholstery?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have just bought a spare wheel kit. My theory is that dealers get the parts and add their own tyre. For example, my dealer is a branch of the Arnold Clark group. As far as I can see, Arnold Clark exclusively sell Orium tyres and the tyre in my kit is an Orium High Performance 205/55/R16 91V. It would make sense from storage and transport points of view.

Unfortunately the garage has apparently failed to balance the wheel since there are no weights on the rim.

This brings to mind why the steel wheel is marked as having a limit of 50 mph/80 kph, when it supports a normal tyre? Although it is an R16 and my alloys are R17 I don't see there being a problem at legal speeds.

Here is a picture of the list of parts and prices. Had I known this I would have investigated buying the SEAT wheel only, and putting my own tyre on it. The jack and wrench can be bought cheaper. Also the piece of expanded polystyrene that laughingly is described as a tool box is not necessary nor is it worth £29.20.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry about the image being upside down. It is right side up on my tablet!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, trying to source a space saver spare wheel to replace the repair kit in my xCellence Lux.

Unfortunately its too late to change my order to include the factory option as the car has now shipped.

Does anyone have a picture or can confirm the spec of the space saver wheel in a MY18 or MY19 Lux (Main wheels are 215/45 R18 ) ?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Most dealers have available as a spare Part It was about £180

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks - would you know if that is a full sized tyre or space saver and if it included the jack/wrench etc or just the wheel ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Mike, the dealer fit comes as a complete kit, jack, wrench etc which all fit in a foam inlay that goes in the spare wheel. I chucked the inlay and wrapped all the bits in a towel to give me a bit more space to store things.

Tyre is 16 inch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great thanks - managed to track it down, includes Tool Insert, Crank Arm, Jack, Wrench, Extractor Hook, Wheel, Strap and a tyre :)

- Dealer wanted £199 - not the best value thing about the order process, but I guess worth the price to avoid having to faff about with the aerosol on a wet winters night in the middle of nowhere

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I can add to this debate. My Arona has 17" wheels and on purchase ( at a dealer 40 miles away as they had a model readily in stock) I asked for a " full size spare wheel the same as the others" , which was agreed to out of goodwill by the Sales staff although they seemed to think it was a strange request and were not well informed about that as an option . However , on delivery, it came with a 16" temporary steel wheel plus the wheel changing kit. I queried this and the Sales people insisted that 16" WAS a full size wheel even when the others were 17" !!!! And even when it had 50mph written on it.

To cut a long story short I took the car to my friendly local dealer who readily agreed to check whether indeed my 17" wheel would actually fit in the wheelwell in the boot before I insisted on a 17" spare from the original dealer. Lo and behold a 17" does not fit in the wheelwell at all and presumably that's why Seat don't provide it. So at least a 16" is better than a can of foam. Pity the Sales people at the original dealer didn't know that.

·
Registered
66 Posts
alandl said:
At the request of Montala, here are some picture and part numbers of what goes into a spare wheel option

My FR is on Pirelli Cinturato P7 - 205/55 R17 91V
The pictures that follow are made up from the below list, part numbers are listed here as they may not be too clear on the photos. Some of the below come if you just had the can of foam (like the cap puller), but I though I would list the lot.

Wheel & Tyre - Continental - ConiEcoContact 205/55/R16V
Jack - 2Q0 011 031 BTS3
Jack handle - 5Q0 011 22
Cap Puller - 8DQ 012 244 A (Clip & locking nut - no number)
Wheel Brace - 4DQ 012 219 A
Tow Eye - 6V0 805 615
Plastic Holder - 6F9 012 109A
Wheel Holder Thread & Nut - 2G0 803 899
White Strap - No number
Hi alandl

What is the part number on the steel wheel please? It would generally be located around where the bolt holes are on the front side of the wheel?

Thank you

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The only number that looks like a part number is
V WAG 20.0601
027E.0.

Hope you can see this from the pictures

1 - 20 of 23 Posts