Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Collected my new Arona yesterday and loving it up to now!
However am not impressed with the stupid can of foam, no jack or spare wheeler etc
Anyone know if there's one available?
Dealership doesn't know
Thanks

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes there is now as option but was not on the configurator only the dealer one BUT Its now a £100 option but that's only with a new car I suspect they are not available as after market . The wheel well will take any spare so check wheel size and get a standard rim and tyre or look on line for a space saver.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was told of the spare wheel option at time of purchase. I'd contact dealer and ask why you weren't offered the option at time of order as other dealers seem to know and are offering this cost option. As @Brian566 said it's a £100 option.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I got one as part of the deal with my FR it was listed as £179 as an aftermarket item. I had to wait for a week after me picking the car up on the 2nd of Feb as the dealer had none in stock. So now I have the goo kit as well!

As an aside does anybody know what is the best tyre pressures to use when lightly loaded? The decal on the B pillar seems to imply a range.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I ordered my Arona last week I was told that there was no spare wheel factory fitted option. On joining this forum I discovered that in fact it possibly was an option.
Spoke to my dealer yesterday who told me there wasn't although a spare would be available later in the year. Today I have spoken to Seat UK who have confirmed that there is an option at time of order and they would speak to my dealer.
I've now had an apologetic phone call from the dealers (who in all respects are thoroughly nice guys) and a spare has been added to my order and amended order form now received.
I believe the order can only be amended if it hasn't already been accepted by the factory.
Bob.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi pops , mine came with spare wheel jack etc as standard . Rich

·
Registered
20 Posts
You were lucky Rich or was that a special offer from your dealer? I've got to pay an extra £100 for mine.

Bob.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi bob, dealer had a excellence lux in showroom in grey. It had a spare wheel & mats. He sourced a orange with grey roof the colour I wanted and said the car would be exact spec as showroom car and the deal was done. If you don't ask you don't get. There are margins in cars that dealers can work to. I will not pay for mats etc or full price for paint protection. There is always a deal out there. Rich

·
Registered
20 Posts
That was handy. I mustn't complain though as I got offered £500 more than I thought I would for my old car.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The size of the spare wheel is
6,00Jx16
5x100PCD
Offset 45
Centre Bore 57.1
205/60/R16 Tyres.

A spare wheel that comes with the TowBar, this is a slimline 18" steel. according the write up.

As I asked my dealer to find out, as I put Winter tyres on my Cars from November to April.
Before any one shouts you don't need them... READ ON
I go to Germany a few times a year and it is a LEGAL requirement that during the Winter months that your car be quipped with Winter Specification Tyres. This is a LEGAL requirement for ALL Vehicles Foreign and Domestic in Germany and Austria.
I KNOW THIS, Because i lived and worked in Germany for 11 years. and came back in late 2016.

·
Registered
420 Posts
GazzaB said:
The size of the spare wheel is
6,00Jx16
5x100PCD
Offset 45
Centre Bore 57.1
205/60/R16 Tyres.

As I asked my dealer to find out, as I put Winter tyres on my Cars from November to April.
Before any one shouts you don't need them... READ ON
I go to Germany a few times a year and it is a LEGAL requirement that during the Winter months that your car be quipped with Winter Specification Tyres. This is a LEGAL requirement for ALL Vehicles Foreign and Domestic in Germany and Austria.
I KNOW THIS, Because i lived and worked in Germany for 11 years. and came back in late 2016.
Same in Switzerland
[/
b]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everyone
Since my initial post I spent some time researching what size wheel would fit my Arona, ie.. stud fitting etc..
Having determined all the info I went to EBay and found a spare wheel and tyre complete with jack/tools albeit used, for 50 quid and free postage! Sorted 🙂

·
Registered
14 Posts
ust added a spare wheelkit for my se technology.no problem as build has not started.cost £120 ( if you buy one on line or wherever make sure you get a jack with it.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
The price, including VAT, in the latest price list for the factory fitted spare is £100, not £120.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I ordered my Xcellence Lux 1.0 DSG Desire Red Black Roof on 23rd Feb and spare wheel was an option that I took. Still no build date yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all
When I ordered my FR 1.0 TSi in late January the dealer managed to obtain my required spec from incoming stock for del 1st March unfortunately it came with the emergency tyre repair kit. I am now trying to obtain a Seat space saver spare wheel kit. I have spoken with my local dealer who tells me that they are not available yet. I have contacted Seat UK and they said I must contact my local dealer! Just wondered if anyone knows if they are available and if so could they supply a part number.

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you Gaza, I had seen that and mentioned it to the dealer but they still informed me that they are still not available. I will give it another try

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was contacted by my dealer last Thursday to inform me that my Seat spare wheel kit should arrive and hopefully be ready for collection late on Monday. Will let you know the details once I have collected!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts