Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Does anyone know if there is a speed camera warning facility on the sat nav?
I can't find anything in the handbook
Thanks 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brian
Thanks for that
Have read the info and am just going to have a lie down in a darkened room 馃槀
Think I will just keep my eyes peeled instead! 馃

Registered
Hey Pops
Ive got a suggestion..

DONT SPEED!!!! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't Gazza, but hey it's nice to be warned if there is one, if you find yourself inadvertently doing 31 mph 馃槀

Registered
Living on the fringes of South London/Surrey there are, within a couple of miles of where I am, speed limits of 20, 30, 40, 50 ,60 & 70 along with a multitude of speed cameras. As much as I try to be aware of everything and stay within the law it's nice to have a helping hand in the form of a beep occasionally.
Bob.

PS Does the SatNav show the actual speed limit in force and give any sort of warning if that is exceeded?

Registered
If I recall correctly from reading on other forum when people have downloaded the cameras it's done as points of interest so won't make any noise just shows a picture on the screen. It's probably easier to download Maps with cameras onto your phone and then link it through the usual methods. Also if you travel to France, not sure about other European countries, it's and offence to have speed camera location activated on Sat nav so you'd have to go back in and turn them off, not a big issue but that's why they don't come with it from the factory.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Ancient one, yes that's my point! So easy to stray above the limit without noticing, so a beep is handy, especially in an unfamiliar area!

Registered
Try Waze with Carplay/Android Auto, features speed camera (and plenty of other) alerts, if you want them. I think it's a lot better than the built in Sat Nav.

Registered
I currently use Waze as well and think it is excellent and it will give traffic updates and divert you around slow moving traffic etc. Warns about accidents and vehicles parked on hard shoulders etc.
Bob.

Registered
Im just pulling yer leg, it is too easy these days to edge over and BAM you got a fine in the post...
I got traffic camera alert on my tomtom.
interesting that in the cupra forum they have a way of installing the POI's in to the navi system on the Ateca. This is the same system as the Arona?
using a VW website that does the file conversion for you.
So as i have the TOMTOM with lifetime updates, it may be possible to convert these to be uploaded into the Nav system. More research is needed...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes Gazza I was the same, having a tomtom I got used to the warnings then suddenly not there on the Arona sat nav!
Will have a look at the Vw site thanks馃檪

Registered
I may have a go at transferring, but it seems overly complicated.

I used to do alot of POI transfers back in the day. I will run my Garmin DriveSmart in parallel with the car sat nav just as a comparison.

As a side note, I don't like sat navs on the windscreen so use a central vent mount. It looks like it might obscure the Arona screen though. We shall see.

Registered
http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=437989

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE CUPRA FORUM.
This is where i found the info, the VW site is in German,
Have a look at what they say, be interesting to see if this actually works .
I can try it yet as don't have my Arona yet. end of MAY.
So will try it later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.