Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite following the instructions here (and from Lapies posts) im getting nowhere :oops:

Downloaded the "test" zip from dropbox... unzipped "SD-Karte2" putting PersonalPOI and metainfo2.txt onto the root of the SD (those 2 files only)

In the car,
inserting the SD card - SD CARD 2 SOFTWARE UPDATE IS AVAILABLE

Manage memory / update my POIs
YOU CAN INSTALL YOUR NEW POIs DATABASE.... PLEASE INSERT A DATA MEDIUM

UPDATE .... ERROR NO DATA AVAILABLE

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHH, I wont let this beat me !!! LOL
Its as if the database isnt compatible with my map ... the car reads the card, it knows theres an update on it, but wont go any further :-(
Anyone have any ideas please before I burn the car :eek:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Do you have the 8 inch multimedia system ??

8inch.jpg

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Lampie... exactly the same m8, upon inserting the card a banner pops up on the map display saying there's an update, but when you try to update it says there's no data available !
Tried deleting all my data... but it still won't play :-(

·
Registered
430 Posts
I dont use speed camera data But as stuck at home isolation with nothing to do i thought i would give it a try Just to stop you burning the Car
following Lampies instructions used his downloaded his data base put it on SD card worked perfect
Just make sure you have extracted the files and put them on the card not the zip folder
mine did not work at first so when i checked i had to many files
this is what i did
in sat nav / setting /manage memory then update POI insert sd card you should see it reading it will then ask you updates found click OK the all files

I

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for that Brian... sure its the same as I did !
from my understanding, it IS only the files from disk 2 (not English named) and you end up with a poi folder and a text file on the sd card...

·
Registered
430 Posts
BigFatPaulie said:
Thanks for that Brian... sure its the same as I did !
from my understanding, it IS only the files from disk 2 (not English named) and you end up with a poi folder and a text file on the sd card...
Yes thats correct just one folder and one text file taken from folder fest und mobile blitzer then SD-Karte 2 i

·
Registered
430 Posts
BigFatPaulie said:
Well.... now I'm extra baffled !
Did not have some problem when doing the sat nav updates ??

It seems you are doing it correct format SD Card an try again and make sure you only have the one folder and text file try putting the SD card in after you sat nav have asked for it it seems quick
Good look

·
Registered
430 Posts
Just reread your first post i had the no update available but after 2 attempts it worked

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tried a usb stick, formatted my sd card AND tried another card... AAAAGGGGHHHH I'm giving up, the car hates me ! 😭

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi
Just lets go through there is something you are missing dont give IN
Unzip the folder this leaves two folders
feset und mobile Blitzer
nur feste blitzer

I just used Feste und moble blitzer in that is a folder SD Karte 2
inside karte2 i
folder Personal POI
text file metianinfo .txt
these are the only two i put on the SD card just go through it again we all got plenty of time

·
Registered
321 Posts
I made a new topic How to update POI

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yet another attempt... with another card, and fresh download (thanks Lampie)

Starting with my map version... in case that has a bearing :cry:

I insert the SD card into the slot...

Navigate to MANAGE MEMORY...

...then to UPDATE MY POIs

Where I see this...

Click top/left UPDATE...

Anything bindingly obvious to anyone as to why IT WONT ****ING WORK ?

As alway-thanks to the guys trying to help...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Paulie, put the Navigation SD card in slot 2 & the update SD card in slot 1

·
Registered
20 Posts
Because I have time on my hands I have just followed the instructions from Lampie and have successfully added and activated the speed camera data base to my 6PO system.
Just confirming that it does work.
Paulie I put the update card in slot 1 and my map card is in slot 2.

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Can't see what difference the card slot would make... but hey !
Tried both slots, ignition on and off... fingers crossed, begging, swearing... and finally... finally, nope - exactly the same :-(
Even tried both sets of data in the zip (karte2)
Tried a couple of SD cards, a usb stick too.

There must be something different with MY car, either the satnav or head unit software... I managed to update the map via the Seat site so you'd think all this was "standard" but obviously not.

Mega thanks to you guys... any more suggestions welcome.

Stay safe everyone.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thought I'd give this a go.

Didn't have a spare SD card, so used a USB stick. Copied the folder + file within the SD Karte 2 folder first. Put the stick into USB slot in car... Zilch!

Tried the other USB slot: then the folder + file within SD Karte 1 in both slots. Still zilch.

It's just not recognising the data on the USB stick as a valid update for my car and hangs while trying to read it. I gave it a full 10 minutes on one occasion, but no joy.

BigFatPaulie, I share your frustrations!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts