Seat Arona Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I couldn't update from a USB stick also, but I have a dozen micro-SD cards, from 2Gb to 128Gb.... that worked, after formatting to FAT32 , I think exFAT should work too

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tried a couple of cards, quick and full format to fat 32....

As it recognises the card AND says theres an update available I doubt its the card.

In another thread I see some have upgraded past 1410... which is still the latest I'm seeing on seat. com ..... wonder where you guys are getting your maps ? maybe the poi's are incompatible with my map ? (just thinking aloud here)

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also tried a USB & SD card & it wouldn't work. I'm on 1410 also Paulie so you could be onto something. However I did download POI's from https://www.gps-data-team.com/ and they installed perfectly with the SD card but wouldn't with USB.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Seat is at 1410, but visit the VW site, it is at 1430 (since Nov 2019)
Second benefit is the VW site has one map of 16Gb of complete Europe and Seat has only smaller maps, less countries.

First thing to do, : make a safety copy of the current SD card (!!)

What I did : use the downloadmanager, install that on your laptop / PC and run the pogramm
Unlock the SD card, put it in the laptop, and wait , wait, wait.... takes more than 2 hours, then it is finished and the card works without overwriting the overall.nds file the programm makes a safetybackup also, be sure you have enough free diskspace.

Note : I have mapcare, unlike you guys in the UK. so I think you need to use option 2.

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/ choose the T-rock as 'your'car and 'discovermedia' as navsystem.

Option 2 , find the map without using the downloadmanager, unzip and place it on the empty original SD card.
Go to your backup, find the file Overall.nds copy that and overwrite the version in the new map. done.

When this works, make a new backup, you can delete the 1410 version, (or keep it on an external SSD)

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Found the maps on VW site, but the smaller EU one is still 1410 !!!
Its the larger EU map thats 1430...

As my map came from Seat, Id assume there is nothing different in format to the VW ones... so loathed to update the map at this stage.
Seems other users are having similar issue with the POI install... so I wonder what is different with our systems, could it be a car firmware thing ?
Really thinking aloud here - as POI files are only csv (i think) so i really dont know what to do - not that I need the cams , just dont like being beat !

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
SUCCESS !!! SUCCESS !!! SUCCESS !!! SUCCESS !!!

It was the folder structure that was the problem.... dunno why my car is mardy, but for anyone else having problems:

Unzip the file (I used Lampies) and then drill down to the MIB2TSD folder (sd karte2)
copy the files with to a blank SD card (personalpoi AND metainfo2)

The car now accepted it and updated ! YYAAAAAAAAAYY

MANY thanks to Lampie and everyone who chipped in...

·
Registered
430 Posts
Glad you have finally done you cant beat perseverance

·
Registered
321 Posts
:idea: says : Good Job finally succes

·
Registered
430 Posts
Hi all
First time I have been out in the car due to lock down so never tested .had a emergency visit to terminal ill relative today and past about 20 cameras all shows up on Sat Nav no issues I thought there was no Audi able warning but it's a low chime so you need to set sat nav to override radio otherwise you will not hear could do with a louder tone

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Brian, not sure if I'm telling you how to suck eggs... but on the map screen you can turn up the announcements using a slider - bottom right icon.

I'm more inclined to mute them myself.... a motorway journey would be very annoying ! 😜

·
Registered
430 Posts
BigFatPaulie said:
Brian, not sure if I'm telling you how to suck eggs... but on the map screen you can turn up the announcements using a slider - bottom right icon.

I'm more inclined to mute them myself.... a motorway journey would be very annoying ! 😜
Yes was aware I had to set it to max its a very quick chime but at least i now it works

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi all trying to find where to download all POI's not just cameras yesterday car went into red so the find a petrol station option came up but an esso petrol station that has been there around 30 years ish wasn't there it was less than a mile from where I was yet it was trying to send me to an esso 2.1 miles away I have updated navigation to 1410 but barely any poi's even McDonald's that have been there for god knows how long missing off the poi's. I can only find instructions for cams anybody got any Idea?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts