Seat Arona Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last few days started getting an intermittent squeak from the clutch pedal. Thought it might have been my shoes at first squeaking against the pedal rubber but missus just been out and it's doing the squeak with her. Anyone else come across this who has a manual gearbox.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Starting to become a real pain in the backside, it's the most irritating squeak ever, initially took about 20 minutes now it's almost straight away and by the time it comes to stop/start driving it's awful, stereo barley drowns it out. Oh well only another week to endure it hopefully. I take it no one else has come across this problem yet?

·
Registered
116 Posts
It could be something as simple as not having enough lubrication/greese on the moving parts of the pedal. I had an old car many years ago that had a squeeky clutch pedal which would stop squeaking when I sprayed wd40 on it. Not that a brand new car should suffer from this. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I know you shouldn't have to do this on a brand new car, but a quick squirt of white grease to the Pedal pivot should cure this. Had this on my VW caddy and solved it straight away.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with all of the above. But as its got to go in for their wheels I'll let them sort it just in case it's something not that simple.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll it turns out it's a faulty bush on the pedal mounting. Only trouble is one half of the bush is available and the other is on back order with none in the country so it can't be fixed yet so after 2 days got to collect the car and wait for the part. Also found out that the parcel shelf foot that keeps falling out is also on back order. So not only can no one actually get the car they ordered for months looks like its the same for parts. So won't ever you do, DONT BREAK IT!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't got that far at the moment as the clutch has been the first issue. I've got to go on this afternoon to see them so I'll have a chat with them. If they can't get parts my concern will be they won't be able to get wheels either for protracted amount of time as I suspect the priority is building them at the moment. I'll update accordingly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts